Tuesday Morning

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Tuesday Morning

Post by blurx7 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:43 pm

Opened my new circular from Tuesday Morning today which announces that starting with their May 1 opening they will once again have Corgi stuff available. Mention of "Legends' and History Channel" at $9.95 each.
Time for a visit I suspect!
Geoff

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:04 pm

Sorry, but whats Tuesday morning? etailer?

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:12 pm

Brick and Mortar store around the US. They are like a higher class Big Lots/Odd Lots (if you have that store in your area). They do big buy outs of stock of items. They carry all sorts of stuff from outdoor decorations to toys to whatever...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:19 pm

Must be an east side thing... Never heard of 'em here on the sunset coast. Big Lots, however, is everywhere.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:10 pm

Well since I've never heard of it, like everything else thats a mystery, I Googled it!! and behold there happens to be one less than 10 miles away from my house :lol:
Guess I'll have to add it to my route :wink:

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:30 pm

It's basically leftovers from last summers Corgi clearance. These are the History Channel pieces, and if you check the shelves of your local TM's, you'll find some already have these pieces in the toy aisle, and they may or may not move them to an endcap, provided they get additional pieces in for the 5/1 advertised special.

I found a few of the M3 halftracks, some P51's and F4's, which is basically what they last summer, but they're marked down $5.00 from what the original prices were.

These are decent pieces and for $10.00, worth it..so I'd check the stores early and see if they're stocking the shelves early in your AO.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:04 pm

All we have here are crummy Big Snots. :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:21 pm

Interesting... There is one in Mishawaka, IN and one in Portage, MI, both less than 40 miles away, and yet I have never heard of them and never seen an ad from them...
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:40 pm

There's a Tuesday Morning in my town as well. It wasn't until I heard people talking about the store on this board a while back that I remembered where I had seen the name and put two and two together :wink:

I don't go in there very often, but the selection of small-scale militaria is usually pretty dismal at my local store...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:37 am

I just went to the TM in Hilliard with a pocket full of cash and left...with a pocket full of cash.

I didn't see any of the cool stuff mentioned in this thread. The only WWII stuff I saw there was a set of WWII ships that looked like the SW Galactic Heros figs. They had the Yorktown, Missouri, DUKW, and some kind of submarine. I did see a 1/144 C-47/DC-3 set.

I'll have to go back after 5/1 to see if they have any Corgi stuff.

C2000
Attack!!!!

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:15 pm

I hit two stores today hoping for an early steal, but found nothing. However, bvoth stores told me they were getting in stock this weekend.
Geoff

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:06 am

cruizin2000 wrote:I just went to the TM in Hilliard with a pocket full of cash and left...with a pocket full of cash.

I didn't see any of the cool stuff mentioned in this thread. The only WWII stuff I saw there was a set of WWII ships that looked like the SW Galactic Heros figs. They had the Yorktown, Missouri, DUKW, and some kind of submarine. I did see a 1/144 C-47/DC-3 set.

I'll have to go back after 5/1 to see if they have any Corgi stuff.

C2000
Most stores haven't received the shipment from their Dist. sites as of yet, they typically start trickeling in on Fridays, and will typically start being filled on to the endcap (when advertised) on Saturday and Sunday, to where they'll wrap white butcher paper around the endcap once it's been stocked. Most stores will also not sell the items untill the advertised date, but I have 3 stores in my AO that don't adhere to that. I've checked 3 of the local 7 TM's in my AO as of yesterday and only one has some of the items with more expected this afternoon, and it's pretty much the same items that were available this time last year (minus the 72nd scale Bombers).

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:29 pm

Just a quick note on this. Tuesday Mornings HQ is 5-6 blocks from my office here in Dallas and takes up the entire block. Attached to the admin is a huge discount warehouse. From time to time, mostly during x-mas, I venture into this store just to see what deals they have. I personally have not run across any of the items/manufactures mentioned on this forum before. What each store sells maybe a regional items that are cleared out hence the lack of them being found across all Tuesday Mornings.
Hey, wait! Do you guys think that Tuesday Morning is using the SAME distribution system as our friends at WM???

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Tue May 01, 2007 12:58 pm

So I visited two stores today and they both had the same selection. All were from the History Channel series in the square plastic "dome" boxes. There were a couple of different Sherman's, plus a 113 personnel carrier, and an M-48 (Vietnam). As to aircraft, I found two P-51s, one Corsair, one P-40, one Zero and two different Sabers (one English). I was disappointed to not find some German stuff, either aircraft or armor. Anyone else find anything different?
Geoff

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Tue May 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Checked one of my two local TMs.

Nothing.
- - - - - - - - -
All of us have skeletons in the closet. Only some of us have bodies in the freezer, though...

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

Tuesday Morning Finds

Post by bboc » Tue May 01, 2007 8:59 pm

I got to one by me Tuesday afternoon. It had already been hit, but there were still three Shermans and seven or eight planes. The planes were Warhawks, Mustangs and a green camo Zero. I picked up two Shermans.