Missing FOV Pershing Bow Gun Question

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Missing FOV Pershing Bow Gun Question

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:40 am

Ok so I get my new, sealed FOV Enthusiast Pershing. It is really cool but there is one problem, there is no bow gun, just an empty hole. I imagine the factory forgot to install it. :roll: I haven't taken any of the accessories off yet and just took it out of the box itself. My question is, before I message the seller am I missing it somewhere in the box? Do you have to mount it yourself? I really doubt it but I want to make sure before I take it up with the seller since I've been known to miss obvious things sometimes. :oops:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:53 am

My Pershing came with it already fitted m8

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:17 pm

uksubs wrote:My Pershing came with it already fitted m8
I figured as much, still I was hoping it was hidden among the extra parts or something. Oh well, time to send an email. Thanks alot! 8)

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:33 pm

I bought a loose one on ebay recently and the gun had apparently come loose in transit. I would go over every inch of the box carefully to make sure you haven't overlooked a loose gun hidden somewhere. If it is still missing in action, you could try asking FOV customer service to send you another, they do respond to email because I have contacted them before, worth a try if all else fails.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:08 pm

ostketten wrote:I bought a loose one on ebay recently and the gun had apparently come loose in transit. I would go over every inch of the box carefully to make sure you haven't overlooked a loose gun hidden somewhere. If it is still missing in action, you could try asking FOV customer service to send you another, they do respond to email because I have contacted them before, worth a try if all else fails.
I saw the gun was missing as I opened the box so I opened it over a table just in case it was loose. I checked all over but no such luck, I guess those MGs just don't like to stay on since yours was like that as well. I will probably try contacting them for a replacement as I really don't want to ship the thing back. Thanks Ost.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:50 pm

I will probably try contacting them for a replacement as I really don't want to ship the thing back. Thanks Ost.
You betcha.... good luck, and let me know how you make out.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:57 pm

The guy I got it from on Ebay is a liscensed distributor and he is going to call the company on Monday to see about getting the part. The Pershing is retired so I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed. But he responded quickly. If worse comes to worse I will yank the bow mg off my action series Sherman and use that.

Oh and while checking it out a little while ago I noticed they didn't paint the majority of the cannon barrel. :roll: You can see in the pic the swirly pattern at the base, like they ran out of paint or something. I think this one must have rolled down the assembly line at 4:59 pm on a Friday. :lol:

Other than that it is a wicked model. The caked on, textured mud is cool and the opening grills over the engine are as well even though they don't close too well. Oh well I've been meaning to buy another airbrush compressor and my Birthday is next Saturday so I guess I will take care of it. :P

Any idea on a paint match? I'm thinking plain old Model Master or Tamiya OD green maybe?