Request for Review of 21st Century KT w/"Porsche"

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Request for Review of 21st Century KT w/"Porsche"

Post by Jagdplastic » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:47 pm

If anyone has gotten this model yet, would they please post a review either good, bad, or indifferent?

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:12 pm

I don't have it, but I think the hull construction may be plastic and it doesn't seem to come with figures. Check the online retailer www.theflyingmule.com for some great pictures of what it looks like, however 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:46 am

I'm pretty sure the hull is all plastic. Looks nice though.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:27 pm

I am planning to order one this weekend, and with a little luck I should have it in hand by next weekend, and I will try to offer my impressions on it after I receive it . I'm probably not the best guy to do an "in depth" review though, :? too bad Schizuki is not my next door neighbor, he's just the man for the job. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:51 am

Buy two, send one here, and I'll have that review posted tout suite
I was afraid you would say that... :shock: But seriously, maybe I could send you a series of good quality pics from various angles and you could at least offer some opinions based on what you see. I know it's not the same as holding it in your hands and giving it a good going over, but it might be helpful as I try to prepare a review that will be reasonably useful. I am purchasing an FOV KT at the same time, and I was considering doing a sort of "head to head" kind of review, what do you think??
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Request for Review...

Post by Jagdplastic » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:47 pm

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm leaning toward not getting this one unless I get a positive review. The tank's having a crew would be something that might sway my choice, but it appears that it does not. The paint job is just too garish. Dragon in 1/72 has already done this paint job much more accurately and I'm betting that Hobby Master will as well when they make their version in 1/48. I'm crossing my fingers for a better series 2 effort by 21st Century.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:18 pm

I'm leaning toward not getting this one unless I get a positive review..... The paint job is just too garish.
Patience my friend, I believe this is but the first of several paintschemes we will see on the 21C Porsche KT. To be honest, I'm not crazy about this scheme either, but that's not stopping me from getting it anyway :shock:

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:43 am

Got both the new sherman & the kingtiger & there great
only downside is that you don't get any figures
The sherman dozer is a must have :wink:

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:44 pm

I don't like 1:72 armor, too small. Also, I'm not real crazy about them not including at least a tank commander in the new vehicles.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:22 pm

Rowsdower wrote:I don't like 1:72 armor, too small. Also, I'm not real crazy about them not including at least a tank commander in the new vehicles.
Its 1/32 scale :D