Quickie review - 21st Panzer III

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 pm

You need to get the FOV 88mm gun. I thought the 21c version was great (and it still is a decent piece of work) but the FOV cannon is far superior in my opinion. There is alot more detail with the gun, crew figures, ammo and accessories. It also has the barrel recoil and the hand-cranks actually work to elevate and traverse the gun :shock:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:44 am

You need to get the FOV 88mm gun
I agree. I don't want to stir a hornets nest, but this REALLY is an apples and oranges comparison, because there is no comparison. I own both and I can say without hesitation that the FOV 88 is superior in every meaningful respect, and well worth the extra cost. Just my opinion, not trying to ruffle any feathers here.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

rose4472g
Corporal
Corporal

Post by rose4472g » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:26 pm

ostketten wrote:
You need to get the FOV 88mm gun
I agree. I don't want to stir a hornets nest, but this REALLY is an apples and oranges comparison, because there is no comparison.
I couldn't agree more. Comparisons across price range and company don't work. In fact I find myself retiring 21st vehicals when I can "upgrade". I've retired an M3 and Sherman because much better models became available (at the same time I had the money :lol: ). I'll eventually retire my 21st Pzkw IVH and get the IVG from FOV. I've retired my IIIL already (actually I'm stealing it's tracks to put on the IIIe).

David

ltcbj

in reference

Post by ltcbj » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:09 pm

I have found that the easiest way to improve turret hatch access is to cut out the bottom of the turret floor (the Panther) or the little molded "barrel" (the MkIII-L) under the commander's hatch.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!