21C 1/32nd Scale A/C Coming?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

21C 1/32nd Scale A/C Coming?

Post by Folkwulfe » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:29 pm

On another BB, I just read that a 21C rep was overheard making a statement involving future releases by 21C in the 1/32nd scale market. These are intended to be kits and not pre-built and painted pieces. However, I think a few scale modelers of old will be jumping at these should they hit the market in late '07 as was stated. The series to be released are called the "Axis Bombers of the Battle of Britain" and include the He-111, Ju-88, and Do-17. No specific information on the exact production models (A,B,C etc), but it sounds to me like the 1/32nd scale arena just got ALOT bigger.
US Army MP Corps combat veteran Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:46 pm

This is awesome, Im gonna get plenty of these, Im a huge fan of the He 111, and the Dornier Do 17, this is awesome!!!! :lol: :lol:
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:05 pm

It is GREAT news, but you can bet that if 21st is making these in "kit" form, they will also be available in "pre-built" form eventually..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Coreyeagle48

kits

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:48 pm

Greetings

While I am pleased by the idea of these offerings, I do not think this is a wise move on the part of 21st Century. I for one was attracted to the 21st pieces because I DID NOT have to build it.

Models take a lot of time, and I really enjoy them but realize that with having a classroom and the work that goes along with it, I just do not have the time to put these together anymore. When I made the B-25, in the end I just wanted it to be over because it took so much time. I also do not have the room to have works in progress lying all over the house either. I wish I did, but I do not have the luxury.

I am really hoping these will be released as prebuilt models. They are what I will continue to buy. Unless of course someone buys akit and puts it together for me. Seriously though, these can be released as prebuilts. I mean a 1/32 prebuilt DC-3 can be made, these bombers can be made too.

I am wondering if they are being released as kits due to Wally yelling about their shelf space or something

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

ltcbj

kits

Post by ltcbj » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:01 am

It seems to me that 21stC kits are not very difficult to build, at least. Do they require painting?
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

hworth18

Re: kits

Post by hworth18 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:20 am

ltcbj wrote:It seems to me that 21stC kits are not very difficult to build, at least. Do they require painting?
Yes, they are in raw plastic color (gray/white).. But they also come with decals for some planes not made by 21st in their prebuilt series..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:02 am

This would be great...although I would much prefer the pre-built ones.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:38 am

Seems crazy to me that they would offer those 3 models in kit form only, most of us buy 21C's products because there is no building or painting involved. :?
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:13 am

hworth18 wrote:It is GREAT news, but you can bet that if 21st is making these in "kit" form, they will also be available in "pre-built" form eventually..
I agree.

Not make them in pre-built form is just nuts,,,that would be like makeing the 1:18th A-10 in kit form and not as a "pre-built kit"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:58 am

I'll believeit when I see it on Area21. Second-hand (or third-hand) knowledge from 21c sources often tends to be misleading :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:11 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:I'll believeit when I see it on Area21. Second-hand (or third-hand) knowledge from 21c sources often tends to be misleading :wink:
TRUE....
-Howard Stark

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:06 pm

well we should be seeing hopefully in 32x

Me262B new mold or retooled 262A mold
Fw 190A new mold..since very little on the Dora, well the wings I guess can be retro'd into a A model Focke.
Maybe a retooled Ju87...either as a D or G model

Mustang B/C new mold
Spitfire I or V new mold
P47C re-tool the D model

I would def jump on a Ju-88A-4 or Do-17Z built model.
for a kit..I know there are 17Z kits and prob Junkers somewhere.