Toy Fair Observations

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:09 am

Hey Birddog, what's the scoop on the Corsair in your pic that's in front of the Skyraider?

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:37 am

Weren't we supposed to get new 1/32 planes for Toy Fair? So far, a repaint of a P-47 and another model of the P-51? I'm a little disappointed so far. Are they holding back some stuff? Where's the big announcements from 21C?

graycap
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by graycap » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Lightning

Thank you for the pics of the Minchamps Centurion - it look fantastic - looks like a BAOR RTR vehicle. Any idea how "imminent" it may be?

Better start doing some overtime!!

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:02 pm

graycap wrote:Lightning

Thank you for the pics of the Minchamps Centurion - it look fantastic - looks like a BAOR RTR vehicle. Any idea how "imminent" it may be?

Better start doing some overtime!!
you can buy it now :wink:

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Graycap

Post by lightning2000 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Graycap,
I sent you a PM regarding your question.

Lightning2000
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

graycap
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by graycap » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:47 pm

To UKsubs

Have you seen the Minichamps Centurion in the UK?

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:11 pm

graycap wrote:To UKsubs

Not yet :cry:
Mine coming from Germany this week :wink:

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:45 pm

graycap wrote:To UKsubs

http://www.modelenium.co.uk/models/Mode ... C=Military

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

ToyFair

Post by der Vogelfänger » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:00 pm

Lightning...THANK YOU for the honest, good/accurate report and the pictures!!

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Vogel,

Post by lightning2000 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:56 pm

Vogelfanger,
You're welcome. We're in a somewhat difficult position when we attempt to offer impressions of a show since we work closely with the manufacturers to sell their products just like other dealers. At the same time, I think its only fair that the customer know what's going on, at least from a positive standpoint, which is what we tried to do.

From a personal standpoint, its always good to put a face with a name, particularly if you communicate with the person by email or by phone. Its alot different when you can actually talk to someone face-to-face, so you can gauge their passion and get a deeper understanding as to what they're discussing.

Take, for example, our meeting with Admiral Toys. You could tell Jayson and his crew were genuinely proud of what they've accomplished despite all the problems and hurdles they've faced in their first year of operation. If I were a manufacturer, rather than a dealer, I'm not sure if I would have the temperment to deal with all the obstacles they've had to deal with and still bring to market triple AAA products. Its one thing to order an $18 tank or $70 plane and put it up on display. Its quite another when you're a young manufacturer that has to put up beaucoup dollars to make their lifelong dream turn into a reality.

Anyway, make sure to pre-order the Phantom from BCA and Dauntless from Military Toy Shop if you're a 1:18 collector. I guarantee you wont be disappointed by either warbird.

Cordially,

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Vogel,

Post by der Vogelfänger » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:22 am

lightning2000 wrote:Vogelfanger,
You're welcome. We're in a somewhat difficult position when we attempt to offer impressions of a show since we work closely with the manufacturers to sell their products just like other dealers. At the same time, I think its only fair that the customer know what's going on, at least from a positive standpoint, which is what we tried to do.

From a personal standpoint, its always good to put a face with a name, particularly if you communicate with the person by email or by phone. Its alot different when you can actually talk to someone face-to-face, so you can gauge their passion and get a deeper understanding as to what they're discussing.

Take, for example, our meeting with Admiral Toys. You could tell Jayson and his crew were genuinely proud of what they've accomplished despite all the problems and hurdles they've faced in their first year of operation. If I were a manufacturer, rather than a dealer, I'm not sure if I would have the temperment to deal with all the obstacles they've had to deal with and still bring to market triple AAA products. Its one thing to order an $18 tank or $70 plane and put it up on display. Its quite another when you're a young manufacturer that has to put up beaucoup dollars to make their lifelong dream turn into a reality.

Anyway, make sure to pre-order the Phantom from BCA and Dauntless from Military Toy Shop if you're a 1:18 collector. I guarantee you wont be disappointed by either warbird.

Cordially,

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Excellent.....great information; BYW, my observation is that you have always been fair in your writings-not easy to do I'll bet, but I appreciate your efforts and offerings. As for te Pre-Orders, Ay Ay, sir! (This is one order which will be carried out smartly!)

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!