FOV 2005 repaints

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Zartan
Sergeant
Sergeant

FOV 2005 repaints

Post by Zartan » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:44 pm

Some might already know about these but I found some new repaints up on ebay. Look like action grade vehicles like the rest that have just surfaced:

M1A1 desert camo, Is this an authentic paint scheme?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 13186&rd=1

Bradley woodland camo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 12683&rd=1

A online dealer I know said the following:

"I just talk to my Rep form FOV today.
I did ask about Paladin howitzer and the AAVP7A1 armored amphibious APC
Apparently they originally we're going to release it in the Enthusiast grade, but then they changed their mind. But I'm about the 100th person that asked! so they are thinking about doing it again."

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:06 pm

Their nice repaints, but they have been out at least since just before Christmas.

chesy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by chesy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:00 am

Has anyone spotted the new, unadvertised FOV releases lately? Namely the LAV 25, AAV, Paladin, M113 variant, new camo Abrams, or Woodland Bradley?... outside of ebay I can't even find a mention of them on the internet (besides here, of course)

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:17 am

The Abrams and Bradley are available in mass at Targets, the others are proving a bit more elusive in my AO (Washington DC metro area) but as mentioned, the Bradleys and Abrams seem to be in no short supply at local Targets.

I did manage to find several of the M901 Hammerheads (TOW'd M113) in the two weeks leading up to Christmas, but never saw the Paladin or Lav or the amtrack for that matter!

chesy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by chesy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 am

Thnx for the update... I may as well scope the local Targets and TRU this morning since it's been a week. I swear the local TRU refuses to stock many military related items as compared to California when I lived there, as if it's not deemed PC and the manager was a flag burner from 67'. If your looking for a pregnant, single mom Barbie who has a full time job, however, look no further.....

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

Klaus...

Post by Hoverbug » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:32 am

Where did you find the 901 in the DC area?

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

Klaus...

Post by Hoverbug » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:32 am

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

Klaus...

Post by Hoverbug » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:33 am

chesy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by chesy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:34 am

One last question, has anyone been able to verify if the new 3 tone desert camo on the Action series Abrams is legit? I never saw one like that in the Marines and I lived across the street from 1st Tank Battalion for 4 years... Maybe an Army paint scheme? Just curious since it don't look bad at all....

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:20 am

I have the Franklin Mint M1A1 and it is painted in the three color scheme that is supposed to be the 29 Palms scheme. The only ones I have seen are CARC Green or Desert Sand. But my exposure is limited....

TJ

chesy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by chesy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:38 pm

Krieglok, Does the Franklin Mint version refer to a certain time period for the 29 Palms paint scheme? I just spent 4 years there not to mention a few CAX's (Combined Arms Exercises) thru the 90's out there and never noticed an Abrams painted that way... I'm not saying it's not possible but I'm sure I never seen it and I usually notice little obscure details like that since I built models since I was 6 yrs old, etc, you get the point. Odd I remember those things and I still forget to send my truck payment on time. Strange... BTW, I hit up 2 Targets, a TRU, and a Wally World this morning and all I noticed was:
Target same old desert tan Abrams, Bradley, M60, one newer 2 tone Sherman, one newer Winter M16 quad .50, and at one of the Target's the old Shwimmwagen, Jeep, and Amphibious Jeep in an all plastic container designed to hang on display instead of the older familiar boxed version. These are Action series with some staining to bring out recessed details but no weathering in regards to dirt & mud etc... a few of the older infantry kits as well with the characters looking all bloated and lacking detail (as opposed to the new figures in the vehicle kits)
TRU a whole shelf full of infantry in the little boxes marked "new for 2005" on the plastic window... many seemed like the same molds with a few extras thrown in, an old push cart in one labled "82nd Airborne, North Africa 42" (Did the 82nd participate in that campaign? I read a lot of military history and recall that little detail. Maybe they meant Sicily?) Anyway, a newer mix of 3rd or 4th ID infantry in desert tri color complete with ALICE Packs and Isomats (rubber bitch we call em') rolled up and slung underneath... still not up to the new standards FOV set with their most recent vehicle releases and the ground mount .50's thown in most allied kits are the soft plastic that don't seem to want to stay sraight after you bend em...
Wal Mart not a damn thing except 6 1/18 yellow nose Stukas (got it already)and 2 21st century panzer gray Mk III's (got one of those, too)... as I was a little depressed at this point I walked out with a winter weathered remote controlled M5 Stuart in 1/6 scale.... this hobby is starting to consume me. Is there a 1 800 # I can call or maybe an outreach program for us military history buffs?.....

Zartan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Zartan » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:35 pm

I would like to get a full list of what FOV has put out and is going to put out in enthusiast and action grades. Made a trade for the Paladin and the AAV and there was no catalogs with them and on the back of the boxes it shows:

Tri color desert M1
Woodland Bradley
109 Paladin
AAV
M270 Multiple launch rocket system by lockeed martin (haven't seen that one up on ebay or heard anyone else mention it)

NO mention of the Lav or TOW m113

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

re: the three tone abrams

Post by WGP Klaus » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:04 am

Chesy
Never saw a fielded Abrams wearing that scheme, however I recall seeing some pics from the NTC back in the early 90's shortly after DS, and several Abrams did have that scheme, as well as the scheme on 21sts "Desert" Bradley.

HTH

chesy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by chesy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:19 pm

Klaus, Thanx for the insight... I guess it kinda makes sense that they would choose a scheme with some historical accuracy, etc... since the whole line of models to date are (as far as I can tell) pretty legit in that regard... it looks good, too. Now if I can locate one... BTW I stopped into a TRU a little outside my area and noticed they had one "woodland" camo Bradley on the shelf which was a little banged up so I passed. Otherwise, 2 old school Matildas and one other desert Bradley was all that was left. I am roadtripping to Columbus this weekend and upon my return Sunday, depending on the severity of my hangover, I will try to tag Targets, WM's, and TRU's on the way back. Hoping to land a few of the newer FW 190D's in 1/18 as well and will post any finds in that room later.