New Guy's reviews - Part Three - 251/1 Hanomag

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
demonclaw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by demonclaw » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:43 pm

Your reviews are nice but try use one thread

demonclaw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by demonclaw » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:13 am

schizuki wrote:Why is that?
For the same reason we have a thread for store finds , its easier to use a forum if we put similar posts in one thread . Imagine if everyone made a topic for every new Walmart find , review or question

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:26 am

Unless Aferg is going to make a sticky thread for reviews only, I personally would prefer to see people do their reviews as seperate threads, that's the way it has always been around here as best that I can recall. I don't ever remember seeing all reviews lumped in to a single thread, but then again I don't always read every thread in every forum, so maybe I've missed something along the way. At any rate, I think we would have seen a sticky by now if this was considered a problem.... :?: :?:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

demonclaw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by demonclaw » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:36 am

ostketten wrote:Unless Aferg is going to make a sticky thread for reviews only, I personally would prefer to see people do their reviews as seperate threads, that's the way it has always been around here as best that I can recall. I don't ever remember seeing all reviews lumped in to a single thread, but then again I don't always read every thread in every forum, so maybe I've missed something along the way. At any rate, I think we would have seen a sticky by now if this was considered a problem.... :?: :?:
It isn't a problem when someone just post a review once a month but this guy have posted 3 reviews in 3 days, so it would be much better if he used a single thread

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:53 am

I guess this is more of a "Look what I got at Target" board? Sorry for wasting bandwidth or pushing out dead threads. I guess I should have lurked a while longer to get a "feel" for the place.
Not at all, and no apologies are necessary, you are not wasting bandwith, at least not in my opinion. I'm certain Aferg would have said something if he preferred to keep all reviews in a single thread, and it's never been that way before, so I see no reason why he would change it now. Don't sweat it, keep your reviews coming, I think I speak for most of us in saying they are well done and appreciated.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

demonclaw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by demonclaw » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:28 pm

schizuki wrote:The three threads that my reviews (of three different products) pushed to Page 2 hadn't had a reply in three weeks.

I've got several other hobbies. I have to say that product reviews tend to be the most popular posts. I guess this is more of a "Look what I got at Target" board? Sorry for wasting bandwidth or pushing out dead threads. I guess I should have lurked a while longer to get a "feel" for the place.

OK, here's my review of the SdKfz 7/1:

Really good.

And the Pershing which I expect to arrive in a couiple of weeks:

I bet it will be really good.

Bye.
You're taking this way to serious , I just gave you a advice for future reviews . It would be much better if you keept all your reviews in one thread so other members would know where to find em , and that way your reviews would also be on the 1st page . Your reviews are well written and it would be shame if you left the board , but I got a couple of FOV tanks/vechiles myself and you could imagine how the board would look like if a made a thread for every single one of them

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by corpbob » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:10 pm

Meskary wrote:schizuki
I enjoy your reviews, and I really don't care if they are in seperate posts or not. Keep them rolling on in. I am luck that I don't have to worry about my gums yet...

I agree with the FoV skin color, I re-paint my skin with Tamiya flesh tone and the look more human.

Meskary
Ditto for me too. Keep'em coming Schizuki, your quote about the 12th SS Ooompa Loompa Grenadiers had me rolling on the floor for five minutes. Far too many forum members won't say "the emperor has no clothes" when FOV (or 21st) figure colors are royally screwed up, or look like popeye, or when 21st does worthless soldier poses (over and over). By the way, all of FOV's hanomag versions have screwed up "Christmas Cookie" wheels.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:38 pm

Agree, keep em coming.. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:18 pm

Well said grunt!

-H

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:29 am

Good review. I really like FOV's 251s. Please post a review of the 7/1. I don't have that one yet and would like to hear some opinions (besides "awesome," which is pretty often bandied about on this one)

When it comes to reviews, each vehicle deserves a seperate thread. If you review 3-5 vehicles in one thread, no one will know which one you're talking about. What, there should be a single "1:32 scale vehicle review" thread? No one will ever find info on the vehicle they want to know about, which is stupid.

The hows and whys of threads are only the business of the mods, anyway, and should stay that way.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:46 am

I also like the idea of using separate threads for separate reviews--that way, if I want to search for a topic, it is much easier than trying to sift through a single thread--imagine trying to find a specific reference in the AT "from the source" thread, for example!

And the reviews are very well written--I definitely say keep them coming.

My suggestion is: Keep the reviews as individual threads. And we can ask Aferg to create a sticky that is reserved for links to the individual review threads, more or less like an index. Post a new thread for a review, then add an entry to the index sticky with topic and a link. That way, it never gets too buried to find, and serves as a practical resource for everyone, even months later.

Just my 2 cents...
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

We all have dude....no worries.

Good luck with the pipes and we'll look forward to your thoughts on the Half-Track.

-H