It's happened; I'm NOW asking about 1/48th!!!!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

It's happened; I'm NOW asking about 1/48th!!!!

Post by der Vogelfänger » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:21 am

Well, I resisted almost two years. The 1/18 bug bit and hit an artery, have since taken on 1/32 (!!very good move, thanks to all my forum friends' good posts regarding said scale), and NOW I am about to "get into" 1/48thhhhhhhhhhhh scale.

My new question revolves around the Franklin Mint 1/48 airplanes, in particular the F-14 Tomcat from VF-143, The World Famous Pukin' Dogs.....are these worth the money and are they well built? Where do YOU guys go to buy YOUR die cast airplanes? Thanks for you valued input; I rely on you guys very much.

Thank you, as usual,

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:44 am

saw a 1/48 Ju-87D revell kit at WM this week.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:10 am

The FM planes are nice, but I guess their value is based on what you're looking for in a display piece? The detail on the planes given their price is good in my opinion, the quality is fine, they're pretty sturdy and placed in a display cabinet, excellent shelf queens.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:23 am

I have a few, and some of the molds are nice, but for the most part, they are pretty obsolete when you compare them to other 1/48 offerings on the market..

There is a forum on themodelhangar for Franklin Mint/CDC Armour stuff..
You an read up on opinions there..

http://forum.themodelhangar.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

1/48 Airplane

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:16 pm

Hi, i also have been collecting 1/18 ,and just recently started collecting the 1/48 scale, there is this place near where i live in sacramento that is bustling with the Franklin Mint Collection, theve got just about every one theyve come out with, if you live near, i can tell you where, and they go for like 49.99 each for the medium sized ones,and the other prices vary. and also, i do have a tomcat, and it is very well built, they did an excellent job!!
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd