AO Recon Thread

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:15 pm

I came across some more of the new 32x sets and got the "Okinawa - The Final Step" set. As with most of the other sets, there is nothing really new save for the two US figures. They may be part of a Mortar crew set as one is standing on a base with a crate and mortar shells, holding a hand-held radio and clipboard while the other figure is kneeling. The set also came with the 32x M-5 Stuart, repainted exactly like the 1:6 scale RC M5 in the USMC cammo, with the name "Jungle Fever". One of the "ruins" in the set (the old "column ruin" with steps and sandbags had an American flag on a pole in place of the column, which was kind of a cheeky touch :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:37 am

Has anybody found the Corsair in Indiana? I went to 7 Walmarts yesterday, found a Stuka and P40, but no Corsairs.

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

Found some FoV ACW sets

Post by bboc » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:59 pm

One of the two closest Targets to me in Maryland had two of the $10.00 FoV American Civil War sets. I got one, because they are great considering the price, but the one with the Stars and Stripes was odd, mainly because the set had a great deal of "weathering", but the flag was very bright and almost garish. Also, they both had the same mounted sargeant brandishing a sword. I did not see a smaller set. I have noticed that the other sets come with what is a subset. I have yet to see those in the ACw sets.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:54 pm

Any new recon lately??? I have been patrolling the local Walmarts on a daily basis adn nothing new here yet, but on the plus side, it would seem that the Zeros and Macchis are slowly being sold.. :roll:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:49 am

nothing new here on the Space Coast.

Waiting on my 32x Ju87R, 109G-6 and Konigtiger(p). :(

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:00 pm

I found 1 each of the M7 Priest, and the Panzer IV D and Brumbar repaints. The M7 is very nice and ranks, in my opinion, right there with the M-18, the M-113, Halftracks, and 88mm gun as one of the best detailed 32x armored vehicles to date :D
The repaints of the Brumbar and Panzer IV D were also very nice - I like them alot better than the S1 versions, especially the Panzer IV.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:33 pm

Found the 1/32 scale snake stuka at the bremerton wal-mart today,couple corsairs and green camo stuka also
Could not think of anything to put here.

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:38 am

The Olympia, WA WM got in the yellow nose stukas
Kurt

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:02 pm

Mt. Airy Maryland WM had a few 32XW Stukas and P-40's.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:02 pm

I found two of the new FOV Historical Legends Civil War sets at a Target Store in Fresno, Ca. They were the two large packs of the Union soldiers: one with the calvary officer, cannon and troops; the other with the same calvary officer, troops and flag-bearer. The soldiers look great, but I held off on them as I wasn't wild about the flag-bearer in the one pack or the poses of the troops in the other.

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:06 pm

seems the Big Hog Corsairs are starting to show up, as someone has them up on Ebay. However, I have yet to see most Wal Marts put these planes out, and I'm getting way frustrated. Only one store so far has had more than a handful, and that was the only time I ever saw the Stuka (and I've been to plenty of branches looking for these things). I don't know if they're waiting for a holiday reset, but it's taking forever for most stores to put these things out. It's not like the stores I've checked even have that many leftover zeros and macchis (though a few put them on clearance). I hate Wal Mart, and I hate having to frequent them just to find these awesome planes...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:54 pm

I know what you mean on the Wal Mart thing. Its really a bloody shame. 21c makes some awesome products, but Wal Mart and their crap-assed distribution wrecks it for everyone else. Its no fun wasting time to drive around to a bunch of stores that have a different selection from the next and no predicitability as to where the new stuff will show (at least TRU and Target stock all their stores with the same stuff). I would be much happier if 21c would release their products - even if in a limited run - to the small retailers first and then to Wal Mart. It would help us collectors and the retailers, and not readily impact the "average joes" that buy the bulk of the 21c products at Wal Mart. However, the holiday season is approaching, so perhaps you'll see something new...

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:39 am

I'm just hoping to get a Bf 109G and KingTiger(p) by Xmas.

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

Shelf space

Post by bboc » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:10 pm

At WalMart, I think its a shelf-space thing. As long as there is unsold product on the shelf, the automatic inventory system won't send more stuff. I'm sure that can be over ridden by the local manager, but I rather doubt that most managers are concerned about the 21st stuff.

hworth18

Re: Shelf space

Post by hworth18 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:25 pm

bboc wrote:At WalMart, I think its a shelf-space thing. As long as there is unsold product on the shelf, the automatic inventory system won't send more stuff. I'm sure that can be over ridden by the local manager, but I rather doubt that most managers are concerned about the 21st stuff.
This is what I have been told also, which is unfortunate for me since most of my Walmarts still have unsold Zeros and Macchis gathering dust on the shelves.. :cry:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:27 pm

still nothing new at TRU or WM near me.

I might be getting a loose Corgi 1/32 109 from a online yardsale for less than 40$. it's the flight crew model...although I was hoping for the italian front 109.

ogravl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ogravl » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:51 am

Hit the new Oberlin WM today and they have nothing new. 2 of each ridger runners, wasp 109 & polish P-47 and 1 german tank and both old 1/48 scale planes and all of the 1/144 planes. Very disapointing for a store that just opened yesterday.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:01 pm

I found 2 TBM Avengers, 1:18 stukas(Wassers), 1:18 corsairs

Nothing beyond A6M and Macchi 205 for 32x

rose4472g
Corporal
Corporal

Post by rose4472g » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:02 am

WM in Cerritos (I think) 605 and Carson. Brumbar, TWO M7s :D (I left one), one KI-84, a bunch of the little 1/72 scale jeeps and trucks, a full staffel of 1/18 109s, a couple 1/18 stukas, and one 1/18 Corsair. I don't collect 1/18 so I didn't note which exact models. Some of the 109s had the red petal noses.

David

rose4472g
Corporal
Corporal

Post by rose4472g » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:05 am

As to the shelf space thing of the five WMs I check regularly several routinly have nadda zip on their shelves. Not so much as a brumbar.

David

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Their glazed eyes gave it away...

Post by c44 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:46 pm

Re: Space shelf & unsold product...I've gotten that story from WM employees on a couple of different occasions, but this only seems to be true at maybe some of the WMs some of the time...one WM near me got the new Tiger-Panzer III & IV shipment while old armor idled on the shelves, and 2WMs got the new 32X Stuka & P-40 in with Maachis still gathering dust...maybe the legendary "automatic inventory system" only is relevant with identical SKUs, who the hell knows...I think if you sat Einstein in front of the HAL 2000 for a month they would solve every mystery of the universe except Wal-Mart's distribution system...meanwhile, in a WM near me that's slow to get new tanks in, I mentioned to the toy department manager and her sidekick that the newer armor releases are more popular with collectors & if they clearanced the Brums & Stugs that are not doing much of anything, the new stuff would speedily move off the shelves...for a brief instant they pretended to be interested... :)
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

repaints of 1/144th scale tanks

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:31 pm

Found the repaints of the 1/144th scale tanks at the bremerton wal-mart.The sherman was painted as the coed(pacific theatre?)Panther is camoed with green,brown and tanish like the original but darker tones plus dots all over it and no turret number(which I like ).King tiger is painted same as panther but has turret number of 212 in red.The Tiger tank is painted like the king and panther but lacks the dots. Oh and it is James Bonds tank! 007 ! :lol: *turret number*
Could not think of anything to put here.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:19 pm

Yes, it's like them not ordering any new Star Wars figures because they have 100 unsold Greedo's on the peg. :roll: :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Found FOV 1/72 Scale at Brief Creek Target, Raleigh NC

Post by Jagdplastic » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:34 pm

There were 2 Sd.Kfz. 251 D with rockets, 1 M113, and 1 T-34/85. There were also some of the older armor such as the T-72 and the Churchill.