F.O.V. Knights and such........

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
FieldmarshalX
Corporal
Corporal

F.O.V. Knights and such........

Post by FieldmarshalX » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:34 pm

Has anyone seen the new forces of valor pirates,knights,vikings and romans?The target here by me has all these sets and therye pretty cool little figures!They are much me refined than the first 1/32 scale releases.4.99 for a 2 pack and 9.99 for the 4 pack.Also some of the knights come with a cart and pirates have wooden barrels!
Hey look a baby wolf!Cpt Wild Bill Kelso U.S. Army AirCorps

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:12 pm

I am curious to see the Civil War figures. I see a couple on line dealers have them , but I would like to see them in person before I bought them.

TJ

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Kriglok

Post by lightning2000 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:23 pm

Hi Kriglok,
Since you live in NJ, we'll have them on display at the upcoming 24th Annual East Coast Toy Soldier Show & Sale held at Fairleigh Dickinson. The Show is on November 5th.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:42 pm

They are at all the Targets in my area and have been for a few weeks. They are VERY nice figures with incredible detailing and realistic sculpting. I got a bunch of the Romans and have them displayed in a little formation with the calvary charging past.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:16 pm

So Lightning, can I assume that there will be ample WWII FoV at the show? I was just wondering as I live in MD and might make the trip.

-H

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Ample WWII?

Post by lightning2000 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:52 pm

Hi Hanomag,
Not sure I know what you mean. Pretty much everything they've announced for 2006 has already been released. The stuff they're going to announce in October probably wont be available until next year.

Now, if there's anything specific you need at the Show from what is currently available, we can certainly bring it. Otherwise, my guess is that there will be loads of vendors with FOV at the Show. THe new Panther is expected soon, and I think some of the new repaints of the King Tiger and Tiger I are behind that, but we dont have anything specific to go on just yet so I'm not sure if they'll be available for the Show.

We're completely out of the new 1:72 FOV stuff, except for the halftrack. Hopefully, more is coming in early next year.

Cordially,

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:51 am

Wow!! I didn't know that FOV made ACW figs. I like the FOV figs in general except for their bases. I wish that 21st would make some ACW sets. I'd buy a ton of them.

C2000
Attack!!!!

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:05 pm

Lightning, the only thing I hope to get is the first German Bike. Since it's been retired for a while it's hard to find. That said, there are a few others I would like to see in person before I decide if I want it.

Other than that stuff I was thinking of going just to go. That's all. Thanks for the concern though.
Maybe I'll see you there.

-H

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

FOV

Post by lightning2000 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:06 pm

Hi Hanomag,
We're long sold out of the first bike. There's a possibility that another vendor might have one, but I think that might be a far stretch. You're probably better off checking with all of the online vendors to see if any of them still have them in stock.

We have the second issue Zundapp, which is equally nice, but I have a feeling you have your heart set on the first one.

The Show is great but I suggest you get there as early as possible, preferably around 9AM when the doors open. The Show ends at 3PM but usually by 2PM things are slowing down dramatically. Alot of stuff that you might have been interested in could be gone if you come in later in the day.

I can tell you that FOV is supposed to be getting in the 2007 brochures shortly and we hope to have them available at the Show. So, even though the merchandise might not be available, we'll have preview materials for whats in store for next year...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:10 pm

Thanks for the tip. I have most of the WWII FoV stuff, I'm just missing that bike. I'm not torn up about it though. I've looked around and haven't seen it except for $50 or more on E-bay. Like I said, I'm not torn up about it.

If all goes well, I'll be there...if all goes REALLY well, I'll be there with my GF :D .

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:44 pm

Just saw the FOV Civil War figures on the BCA website. As with the other figures in the series, they look awesome!! I really hope those go to Target like the Romans and Knights did as I really don't want to put down a fortune buying at least two of each set so I can make a pint-sized battle :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."