What scale/brand do you collect?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: What scale/brand do you collect?

Post by Wieslaw » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:13 pm

My sons and I start to collect the 1/32 military vehicles of WWII. We have got some FoVs and Cold Steel. It is a very rare hobby in Poland (I know only one more Polish collector). But we wait for the American and British vehicles, in versions used by the Polish Armed Forces 1939-45.
For our freedom and yours

Windspruce
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Windspruce » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:08 pm

Wieslaw, I believe you may be the only member from Poland.

Poland was developing the 10TP in 1937 with the intention to equip each Polish motorized cavalry brigade with a battlion of these tanks. What is interesting is that this tank could run on both tracks and road wheels with a top speed of 47mph (74km/h) on road wheels. The German invasion in 1939 ended development.

This information is from The Encyclopedia of Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles which is a great reference with over 1,500 vehicles.

Mike

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Wieslaw » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:59 am

Thank you, Mike.

I think the best (and cheapest) way to stop for a longer time the German (and Soviet) tanks in 1939 was to produce much more of the "wz. 36" anti-tank guns (37mm; under the licence of Bofors) and the perfect anti-tank rifles "Ur wz. 35" (7,92 mm; Polish construction; destroyed any type of German and Soviet early-war tank). The next problem was the Luftwaffe: Poland had only a few good but too slow fighter planes "PZL P-11c". And even with more and better weapons my lonely country had no chances against both Germany and Russia...

Best regards
Wieslaw

AgentDolu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by AgentDolu » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:56 pm

Wieslaw,

Well, that would make at least two Poles on this forum... including myself. I was surprised to learn that the FOVs and 21c are availble in PL. Did not see any when I visited this summer.
Good to have you here.

"1939. Poland. First to Fight"

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Wieslaw » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:43 am

AgentDolu,

Unfortunately, the FoVs and 21CTs are not available in Poland. Some months ago there were only 4 (!) examples of FoV in one Polish online shop and I bought 2 models: King Tiger and Schwimmwagen. The remaining vehicles (FoV: Jeep, M4 Sherman, Half-track, Matilda, StuG III and 21st CT: Panther, Pzkpfw III) I have got from FETCO (greetings to Tom C.).

Pozdrawiam
Wieslaw

FETCO
Company Rep - Fetco Toy Soldiers
Company Rep - Fetco Toy Soldiers

what do you collect

Post by FETCO » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:16 pm

Greetings to you Wieslaw, I see you found this website and I'm sure you will enjoy it. There are some really interesting topics and its great to have a place to talk with others about History and our hobby. Tom C (fetco)
www.fetcotoysoldiers.com