Tuesday Morning

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Tuesday Morning

Post by rmoore456 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:21 pm

Tuesday Morning again has some Corgi. Found The D-Day collection Tiger 1, wading Sherman, regular Sherman and Flak halftrack for vehicles. Planes were the 1/72nd B24J , B24D, B17 Yankee Doodle, P47, P51 and the War machine sets of the RAF at War and Post War. All in central Illinois.

Ray

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Thu May 18, 2006 1:22 pm

Yep...I've been picking up a bunch of 1:50 armor:

Barkmann Panther
Flaktrack
Omaha Beach Sherman
"Thunderbolt" Sherman

It's a really good sale for Corgi Armor enthusiasts, a line which I was originally disappointed in, but have since changed my tune after seeing these newer releases in person.

Some great deals.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sat May 20, 2006 8:04 pm

Making my normal TM rounds this AM/PM and found TONs of items, and spent far too much $$$, but the deals are too good to pass up. Picked up a couple of the armor pieces, but concentrated mostly on aircraft:
2 x "The Dragon and his Tail" B24
3 x "Bit O' Lace" B17 (one store had it mismarked with the last years batch of Corgi 1/32nd P51 sticker $29.95)
1 x "Michigan" B24 (may pickup another tomorrow if I can find another thats not broken)
2 x He 111 H-6
3 x Tornado GR4 RAF Lossiemouth
2 x F51D's 12th Fighter Bomber Sqd. 1950
2 x E-3B Sentry
2 x Misc Shermans
1 x Tiger
1 x Flak Track

Was amazed that most of the AC pieces are fairly new, and have been available for less than a year.

Then stopped by my local HS and found the new Easy Model(MRC/Trumpeter) 72nd tanks and picked up the two different Pershings and the two variants of the AS-90's, the Desert version looks great next to the Dragon Chally 2's, now if we could just get someone to do a 72nd Warrior.
NOTE: If you head out to TM's in your AO, please be sure to check all the big bomber boxes as many I checked had broken pieces ranging from props, to MG barrels. I may go back to one store in particular and see if the Mgr will cut me a better deal since three out of the 5 B24's on the shelves had broken props, but all seemed to have the pieces still contained within.

Goodluck, and if anyone is interested, I'm always open to trades, hence the reason I try and buy multiples of items when the availability allows. I'm into diecast of all scales, and of course, 1:18....so drop me an email if you're interested in anything I listed.

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Mon May 22, 2006 7:10 am

Wow, sounds like you scored big WGP! Wish my TM would get in a BOL!

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Mon May 22, 2006 6:39 pm

Yes..I'm fortunate to have soo many TM's in my AO. I did notice I made an error on the BoL's, as I only purchased two, however one store did have one I passed on due to broken/missing pieces. I typically buy as much as possible, figuring I can use pieces as "trade bait" or to sell in order to support my habit..lol

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Picked up the dregs of what was left since I came upon this thread only yesterday. That's what I get for not checking this more often.
Anyway picked up a B-24J "Michigan", 2 1/72 F-4U's "Marines Dream", and the 1/144 set of D-Day with the DC-3, and P-51, p-47, and lastly one of the E-3B Sentry planes in 1/144.

Todd

Bravo two-six
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bravo two-six » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:34 pm

Hey Todd? Is the 1:72 scale F4U "Marines Dream" just like BBI 1:18 scale aircraft? I was under the impression that the BBI plane wasn't factual.

Thanks!
Bravo two-six
www.foxholetoys.com
"Dive in!"

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:12 pm

Checked the only Tuesday Morning in my area. The toy aisle looked like a Wal Mart one after Christmas and there was no sign that anything Corgi was ever there.

My local Hobbytown store did, however, get some of the newer Corgi 1:72 bombers, as well as a bunch of new Franklin Mint planes. They are all at the regular retail price, though.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:33 am

Bravo two-six wrote:Hey Todd? Is the 1:72 scale F4U "Marines Dream" just like BBI 1:18 scale aircraft? I was under the impression that the BBI plane wasn't factual.

Thanks!
This piece has the "bird cage" canopy and according to Corgi was flown by 1st Lt. Edwin L Olander, VMF-214, Munda, October 1943.

Here's a pic courtesy of Tricatus's Unofficial Corgi Aviation Archive website.

And, here's a link to Tricatus's site...it's a great reference for Corgi aircraft!

http://www.tricatus.co.uk/
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:57 pm

Thanks easy 8. I noticed the planes were somewhat different in depth of color, and the canopy but otherwise reasonable comparison.
Todd