Yet another Tiger!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Yet another Tiger!

Post by theToyFederation » Mon May 15, 2006 4:19 pm

DRR 61003

1/35 Tiger I "#122" (Initial Production), s.Pz.Abt.502

Fully pre-assembled and ready for display! Includes a barrel that can recoil!

This new 1/35 scale fully built-up model features an initial Tiger I with vehicle number “122”. It is skillfully hand painted in a stunning winter camouflage pattern as a member of sPzAbt 502. The original vehicle was one of the first Tiger I's ever to see combat on the Eastern Front.

Some of the peculiar features of this vehicle are the stowage bin mounted on the turret rear, and handrails on the turret sides. The lengthy 8.8cm scale gun barrel can even recoil!

Main Features:
- True to 1/35 scale (2nd release in the series!)
- Fully assembled
- Accurate winter camo and markings for a Tiger I serving with s.Pz.Abt.502
- Historically accurate
- Hatches can be opened and closed
- Front machine gun can rotate and point in different directions
- Barrel can recoil, just like the real thing
- Includes a display base

It does look pretty cool. I like the winter camo.
www.thetoyfederation.com
"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather."

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

ooh..

Post by digger » Mon May 15, 2006 5:17 pm

Yummy paint scheme. 8)
The first one was bland imo and I knew there would be about 20 versions but this one is a real eye-catcher. :shock:

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Tigers Aplenty

Post by lightning2000 » Mon May 15, 2006 5:40 pm

Hi,
I'm with you Digger -- very nice paint scheme. Then again, Dragon has always done a great job painting up their 1:72 line so this one (and I'm sure there are more right behind it) doesnt come as a surprise. Looks like another winner from our perspective.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:39 pm

Very nice scheme.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Gambit
Corporal
Corporal

Re: ooh..

Post by Gambit » Mon May 15, 2006 6:53 pm

digger wrote:Yummy paint scheme. 8)
The first one was bland imo and I knew there would be about 20 versions but this one is a real eye-catcher. :shock:
I agree, this one is much nicer than the first one and the CH version.

Philip
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Philip » Mon May 15, 2006 8:02 pm

How does the Dragon 1/35 Tiger compare to the FOV Tiger, 1/32? Do any of you guys have both an FOV Tiger, and a Dragon Tiger? The Dragon is nearly twice the cost. Is it twice as good? I have an FOV 1/32, King Tiger and like it.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:05 pm

Philip wrote:How does the Dragon 1/35 Tiger compare to the FOV Tiger, 1/32? Do any of you guys have both an FOV Tiger, and a Dragon Tiger? The Dragon is nearly twice the cost. Is it twice as good? I have an FOV 1/32, King Tiger and like it.
There is no comparision.. The FOV Tiger is a toy and the Dragon Tiger is a model, that's pretty much it.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Mon May 15, 2006 8:27 pm

How does the Dragon 1/35 Tiger compare to the FOV Tiger, 1/32? Do any of you guys have both an FOV Tiger, and a Dragon Tiger? The Dragon is nearly twice the cost. Is it twice as good? I have an FOV 1/32, King Tiger and like it.
What Harry said.

These are quite simply the most detailed models in my collection. I will be getting this one. I LOVE the scheme.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by theToyFederation » Tue May 16, 2006 10:23 am

It kind of looks like the stowage bin is from a Pz III or IV

Check out the Buy & Sell section for pre-order info
www.thetoyfederation.com

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:58 am

theToyFederation wrote:It kind of looks like the stowage bin is from a Pz III or IV

Check out the Buy & Sell section for pre-order info
Yep, I'm pretty sure that would be accurate for this Tiger #122...there's an actual pic of it on the Eastern Front with the smaller bin...can't seem to find it though. This one looks really nice!

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sun May 21, 2006 5:59 am

Personally I would love to see Dragon continue this line and make some other German tanks and vehicles in camo schemes. I'm a modeller of 1/35 scale and like most others, have a closet full of unbuilt kits that I had to have. This way if Dragon continues the "finished" line, the wife can have her shoe closet back. I like building my own but when you can buy a pro finished model at about double the kit price, it's hard to turn down. That's my thoughts. How about some modern finished models at a reasonable price? Unlike Tamiya!!!! BTW, FOV and 32X don't even come close to a well done Dragon or Tamiya kit!!

digger

well

Post by digger » Sun May 21, 2006 6:10 am

Don't worry Bill, I have a feeling Dragon will make more - especially if they sell out like 01. They just need to make about 10-12 more Tigers first and then we'll get some variety...like oh, a KingTiger, JagdTiger, Tiger Cub... :roll: :P

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Tigers

Post by lightning2000 » Sun May 21, 2006 7:48 am

Hi Digger,
That's my greatest fear. There are no doubt loads of collectors that would buy these pre-built vehicles in a snap providing there's some greater variety. If Dragon decides to offer multiple variations of the Tiger I before delving into other vehicle types then I'm sure collectors will lose interest fast. There are simply too many players now entering the diecast military market and if someone cant deliver in one area then I'm sure someone else will recognize the need and step up to the plate fast.

Manufacturers are going to have to learn to be more nimble in their choice of products to bring to market and the depth of interest in the collector community or face the consequences. This already occurs in other sectors of the diecast collector market (street cars, racers, etc.) and will now become more of a factor in the military regime as well.

When we first started out, there would be weeks on end before a manufacturer would make a new product announcement. While I cant speak for other retailers, I can tell you that nowadays there isnt a day that goes by that we arent listing about a half dozen new items.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Sun May 21, 2006 9:47 am

I want Dragon to do a Hetzer, Sherman Firefly or a Pzkw IV w/schurtzen.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Armor

Post by lightning2000 » Sun May 21, 2006 2:14 pm

Hi Mr. Football,
That's one sweet-looking Hetzer. Sure would be nice to see a pre-assembled version from Dragon or anyone else for that matter sporting this much detail. There's tons of military vehicles to replicate and loads of armor enthusiasts just waiting for them to come out...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net

smh_1021
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tamiya

Post by smh_1021 » Mon May 22, 2006 12:16 pm

The closest that I have seen are the 1/48th scale Hetzers from the Tamiya Masterworks Collection - both the tan and the 3-tone camouflage versions are impressive. I have had the tan paint scheme for a few months and the 3-tone camouflage just arrived.

theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by theToyFederation » Wed May 24, 2006 9:35 am

Here is a another Tiger I offering from DRAGONARMOR this time in 1/72 scale
DRR60108
1/72 Tiger I "#111" (Early Production), Sd. Kfz.181, sPzAbt 502, Germany 1945 w/Zimmerit
www.thetoyfederation.com

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Wed May 24, 2006 5:24 pm

I like it.