Pictures of 1/72 Easy Models-Trumpeter tanks

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Pictures of 1/72 Easy Models-Trumpeter tanks

Post by Tshintl » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:32 pm

Below are some pictures of the Easy Models-Trumpeter 1/72 tanks. They are 100% plastic and come with no display case or base. They do include a small plastic sign that can sit next to them for display. The tanks are nicely detailed but very light, delicate and some what flimsy. They are 1/72 scale, prebuilt and prepainted.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:36 pm

Well, despite the fact that they aren't diecast, MRC has chosen a couple interesting types that haven't been produced in this scale (as far as I know).
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:34 am

The Pershing was recently done by Altaya in 1/72 diecast, but no one has done the Russian tank in 1/72 diecast yet. I will put up a comparison picture showing the Altaya and Easy Model Pershing next to each other soon as well.

Other than their upcoming Sherman tanks, I probably won't be getting many more of these Easy Model tanks. They are just too flimsy and delicate for my taste.

theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by theToyFederation » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:37 am

I'll wait till Dragon makes them(yeah I know it might take awhile)
www.thetoyfederation.com
"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather."

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Tshintl

Post by lightning2000 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:56 am

Hi Tshintl,
Is that supposed to be a cargo rack on the side of the Pershing's turret? If not, what is it? Also, you mentioned they were flimsy. Did they break when you took them out of the packaging?

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Tshintl

Post by Tshintl » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:16 am

lightning2000 wrote:Hi Tshintl,
Is that supposed to be a cargo rack on the side of the Pershing's turret? If not, what is it? Also, you mentioned they were flimsy. Did they break when you took them out of the packaging?

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
There is a rack on the one side of the turret, not sure what it would be for. It's probably a little too wide to be for spare tracks and could be used for extra jerry cans, but I can't imagine any tanker sticking cans of gas on the side of their turret. :D

They didn't break getting them out of the packaging, though I did think one of the barrels was about to. They are all plastic and extremely light weight. Dragon Armor is mostly plastic but still have a little weight to them, where as these are 100% plastic and very light. Both of these tanks in the box would weigh less than one Dragon Armor in the box.

By flimsy, I mean not solidly built and rather delicate. They don't fall apart, but you wouldn't want to be handling them that often. Comparing them to Dragon Armor, I'd feel more comfortable handling one of their tanks than one of these as the Dragon Armor seem to be built better.

These tanks come mounted to a clear plastic shell. They are screwed down to the bottom of the plastic by two small screws which is surprising considering even the bottom of the tank is plastic. The screws came right off though so no problems there.

ltcbj

Stalin III

Post by ltcbj » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:58 am

I am always glad to see the Stalin III, one of my all time favorite tanks.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Cargo

Post by lightning2000 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi Tshintl,
By cargo rack, I meant a rack to hold duffel bags, food stuffs, etc. A precursor to the modern bustle rack found on the rear of most modern tanks.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

OzDigger
Corporal
Corporal

Post by OzDigger » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:43 pm

I'll think I'll just stick some scrap iron in the ones I get, something like Dragon does :)

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:36 am

Hey Tshintl, I see there are 3 different Pershings available right now from MRC, do you know which of these saw combat? I tried to look up the units that were in their descriptions, but couldn't find much on what action they may have been in.

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Wed May 03, 2006 11:08 am

The Pershing shown above saw action in WWII while the other two were after WWII (not sure if they were in the Korean War).

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Wed May 03, 2006 12:32 pm

Where can you get these in the States?
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Wed May 03, 2006 1:37 pm

Hey Football, Badcat Aviation has them in stock now, as well as Squadron.com!

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.