Macchi and the Macchi Cockpit...

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Macchi and the Macchi Cockpit...

Post by krieglok » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Has anyone tried to take the pilot out of their 32x Macchi and been sucessful? Otherwise, these are great planes. I am not a big Italian fan when it comes to war machines, but these are real beauties. Nice paint and nice castings. Nice job, 21st.

TJ

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 pm

Yes I got the pilot out of my Macchi. It is not easy, and it kind of lifted the windscreen up, but you can push it back down. The problem with mine was the pilots arms. One was lifted up and it was stuck on the instument panel. I pushed his arms down with a pencil, and then pulled him out of the cockpit. I put his arms the way I wanted them, and put him back in.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:44 pm

I got mine out on the very first try, and have gotten it in and out successfully many times afterward. It is a VERY tight squeeze, however, and my pilot's arms touch the instrument panel. Early on, the controlstick broke, but I was able to glue it back in and haven't had a problem since. The Zero pilot, on the other hand, is much easier to get in and out.

Also, have you discovered the little secret behind the two new 32x pilots? Their arms and heads can turn and move :shock:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MG-42

Pilot Features !

Post by MG-42 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:21 am

Interesting feature on the pilots. However the moving parts on mine,..tend to slowly retract to their previous positions. :roll: .......Love those Zero's though,...Best 32x. X-treme Wings ! ..,so far, IMO. Excellent job by 21st. My personal favorite. :wink: 8)
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *