Dragon Armor Jagdpanzer

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dragon Armor Jagdpanzer

Post by easy8 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:02 am

Scheduled for a May release....

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:00 am

kinda cool with the hatches open.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:29 pm

Nice! :D

Red 3
Private First Class
Private First Class

re: Dragon Armor Jagdpanzer

Post by Red 3 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:08 am

Nice. I really like the choice.

Here is some Jagdpanzer Trivia: Can anybody explain why the first 2 set of road wheels are all metal as apposed to the rest of the road wheels which have rubber tires?

It would be cool, also if they could give us one of the repaints with some "mesh" bazooka pants suitable for ambush tactics. Nothing like a rolling hedge row... "Hey I thought that bush was just over there"

ps. I just hope that they can match the rear deck plate camo scheme with the rest of the model. But then again I am sure this a pre-production mock up so who knows. :?

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: re: Dragon Armor Jagdpanzer

Post by easy8 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:22 am

[quote]Here is some Jagdpanzer Trivia: Can anybody explain why the first 2 set of road wheels are all metal as apposed to the rest of the road wheels which have rubber tires?[quote]

Wasn't it because the jagdpanzer was front heavy, and the extra weight wore the rubber wheels down quickly...so they went to all metal on the front road wheels?

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: re: Dragon Armor Jagdpanzer

Post by Wieslaw » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:57 am

Red 3 wrote:Here is some Jagdpanzer Trivia: Can anybody explain why the first 2 set of road wheels are all metal as apposed to the rest of the road wheels which have rubber tires?
I suppose, there was no reason, it was simply a hazard. When they replaced the (for example destroyed) wheels, they had the different ones in stock. So, you can see numerous Shermans or T-34s with various wheels, too.

Wieslaw
For our freedom and yours

smh_1021
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by smh_1021 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:56 am

The Late Production model, because of the heavier gun, was nose heavy, and so the front wheels had steel rims rather than rubber, as the rubber wore out too rapidly. The Jagdpanzer IV was sometimes given the nickname of “Guderian’s Chicken”, and muzzle brakes were quickly deleted because with the gun barrel being so close to the ground, great amounts of dust were kicked up upon firing.

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Wieslaw » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:15 pm

smh_1021 wrote:The Late Production model, because of the heavier gun, was nose heavy, and so the front wheels had steel rims rather than rubber, as the rubber wore out too rapidly. The Jagdpanzer IV was sometimes given the nickname of “Guderian’s Chicken”, and muzzle brakes were quickly deleted because with the gun barrel being so close to the ground, great amounts of dust were kicked up upon firing.
So, I was wrong :oops: :wink:
Wieslaw
For our freedom and yours

Red 3
Private First Class
Private First Class

re: Jagdpanzer IV Trivia

Post by Red 3 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:55 pm

Hey Treadheads!

If you answered: The Jagdpanzer IV was extremely nose heavy, which caused many rubber tire road wheel failures, then you are correct!

Thanks for your input, and Wieslaw don't sweat it. That was a solid answer, simple economics "Germany was running out of rubber" + some of the late tigers and panthers ran steel-road wheels only.

I only just learned about this in my "Tank and Armored Fighting Vehicles of WWII" book the other night and I was happy to see that Dragon included this little known detail on thier model.