Xtreme Wings Review from the new collector

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

Xtreme Wings Review from the new collector

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:13 pm

hi Everyone

Finally opened up my hunting prizes from yesterday and got to look at all of them. Thought I would share my thoughts on them.

High Points:

1) I think generally speaking, all the airplanes are very well done. Looking at illustrations in my books I must say the airplanes look like they are supposed to generally. I like the fact they are light and feature retractable landing gear (big plus in my book). They all look in scale with one another and the everything looks right in that respect.

2)Think the 190 and the P-47 are my two favorites so far. I just love P-47's. Also must say the P-40 is neat too. Least favorite is the Mustang just because well I have enough of them and the landing gear.

3)Love the paint schemes, some are extremely interesting and all the planes I picked up were well painted. A few imperections but hey, the real ones weren't perfect either.

4)Price is excellent, $15.00 for these! Still can't get out of that. I can build an air force for the fraction of a cost in 1/18, another big point in my book.

Lows

1) They have got to do something with the packing. I had so much trouble getting the bombs and attachments out of that wrap. Then those ties yet. Wish they could find a new way to pack them. On the plus, my cat loves the ties if you tie them together and make rings out of them :)

2) Some of my attachments and landing gear went very hard into the slots. I know this is picky but I am always afraid to break something in the process. I

If I had to give a grade, I'd give a 94/100 for these airplanes. Not quite as good as high end models, but they are durable, cheap and fun and very accurate for the cost. Neat models, glad to be a part of this. Can't wait for my macchi and zero

MG-42

32x. X-treme Wings !

Post by MG-42 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:29 pm

Yeah,.....you can't beat these planes for the money. I only have one Mustang,..."Big Beautiful Doll", which I added my own Nazi kill markings to. I won't get any more Mustangs,...unless they do something different to them,..re-tool or come out with "Old Crow". :wink:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:51 pm

They are great planes. The P-47, FW-190, and P-40 were well done. The P-51 leaves alot of room for improvement, since it was seemingly based on the origional 1:18 mould (as was the ME-109). The ME-262 is good, especially since it was one of the first 32x planes. The Macchi and Zero, however, are superior to anything else in the line in terms of detail. The closest comparison with these to the earlier planes are the FW-190 and P-47. Still, 21c offers the greatest and most unique variety of 1:32 aircraft and they can't be beat for the overall quality and price!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

c

Post by eddie372 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:37 am

Yesterday I found and bought the P-51 Ridge Runner, and the Me-109. I also found the new version P-47 but, I passed because I already have a lot of P-47s.

I was disappointed to see the same mold used for the night version Me-109, and the same mold design of the S1 version of the 1:18 P-51s.

All in all, I'm glad I got them because at least, they offer different paint schemes. Also, I'm helping WM clear some of their shelve space and of course, making a contribution to the manufacturer's bottom line.
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.