1/72 Tomcat, Phantom, A-10

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:37 pm

i have recently gotten in to making aircraft models in 1/72, so far i have an intruder, crusader, hornet, and corsair, but there are still a few of my favorites planes that i have had trouble finding in this scale, can anyone recommend a brand that sells these 3, or a website where i could buy the kits?

...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/72 Tomcat, Phantom, A-10

Post by hworth18 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:05 pm

kenhil2 wrote:i have recently gotten in to making aircraft models in 1/72, so far i have an intruder, crusader, hornet, and corsair, but there are still a few of my favorites planes that i have had trouble finding in this scale, can anyone recommend a brand that sells these 3, or a website where i could buy the kits?

Corgi makes Phantoms.. but I don't know anyone that does A10s or Tomcats yet, other than FOV and you don't want that one.. :wink:

Corgi 1/72 Phantom (courtesy of the flying mule)

“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

The A-10

Post by Mr. Football » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:39 pm

I would love it if Dragon would make a 1/72 A-10. This has been one of the baddest birds in the arsenal for us throughout 3 wars (Iraq I, Iraq II, and Afghanistan). I read recently that all of our A-10's will be getting a major upgrade package soon (new avionics, added mission capability, improved performance).

Make this model!
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

Corgi Phantoms

Post by bboc » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:13 am

Corgi makes several Phantoms, including the Navy one pictured. There are USAF in Vietnam camo, a training version in black with bunny ears on the tail, two different Blue Angels, an RAF model, a National Guard model, and the orange one I personally don't like, because it's a drone.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:37 pm

if you're looking for model kits there are lots around of those subjects.

For the most part i would recommend Hasegawa...they are more expensive but worth it for the finess of detail and the extra ordnance and other goodies that come in the kits. Hasegawa also makes multiple kits on each of the subjects you are looking for...

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:09 am

Revell of Germany makes several very nice Diecast 1/72 Tomcats, as well as F-16's and Tornados. Originally purchased some from Ebay a year ago for a hefty fee, then found them locally at a Hobby Store this past summer for considerably less, so check your local Hobby shops that carry diecast before ordering online

http://www.flyingmule.com/range/model/d ... /aircraft/

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:22 am

WGP Klaus wrote:Revell of Germany makes several very nice Diecast 1/72 Tomcats, as well as F-16's and Tornados. Originally purchased some from Ebay a year ago for a hefty fee, then found them locally at a Hobby Store this past summer for considerably less, so check your local Hobby shops that carry diecast before ordering online

http://www.flyingmule.com/range/model/d ... /aircraft/
Doh!!!!!!
I forgot about the Revell stuff... If you can wait, and have a little patience, I am pretty sure we'll see an A10 within the next year or so.. :)
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:28 pm

thanks for the good info guys, but i am looking for kits, not diecast, anyone have a good website where i could get these kits?
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:46 pm

get them from ebay may well be your cheapest bet. I don't know of any good online model retailers. I would stick with Hasegawa kits; worth the extra bucks in my opinion.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:50 am

Great resources for kit purchases, try the following links:
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/
and click on "Classifieds", tons of kits always for sale and you could even place a WTB post and I'm sure you'll get a good response.

-or-

http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/planetradingframe.htm

great place to buy sell trade, excellent bunch of folks

HTH