Hobby Master parts....

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Hobby Master parts....

Post by krieglok » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:12 am

I am one of those people who like retaining the ability to change the landing gear and weapons options on my Hobby Master jets. It seems the interchangeable parts like landing gear and bomb points don't hold well and tend to drop off the plane when it is handled and displayed.

I considered glueing them in with ACC, but I don't want to make it permanent. Would white glue be an option? I figured it would hold until it was pulled on and allow the piece to come off when needed.

I am interested in any ideas...

Tom

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: Hobby Master parts....

Post by aferguson » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:40 am

that's why i just pick a pose and leave it, i don't ever interchange parts because they wear so fast, especially metal parts...if i want the same plane in another pose i'd get a second model....normally i just pick my favorite pose though.

To answer your quesiton: white glue will work well. It holds securely enough once dried yet with little effort you can pull the part off...it is commonly used in this hobby. It doesn't stick well at all to plastic, which is good because you can clean it 100% off with just a little rub. It does sorta stick to paint though...you'd be able to get it off but with a bit of effort. Just get the glue good and wet and rub it off with a clean cloth....eventually you'll get it all off, though you may polish the paint a bit in the process and make it shinier.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:42 pm

I've had success with poster tack... The sticky kind. Just a small piece will hold either the landing gear doors, ordinance, etc in place and allow for removal and easy cleanup without damaging the model like glue would.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:14 am

The poster tack sounds like a great idea. I will give that a try. Thanks, guys....