What happened to Easy Models?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

What happened to Easy Models?

Post by aferguson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:04 pm

All 1/72 Easy Model aircraft and probably all Easy Models period have vanished from the Chinese sellers sites, Ebay etc. All at the same time. In fact they're getting hard to find at all.

What happened? Even if EM went out of business their models wouldn't all disappear at once, they would slowly fade away as they were sold off.

Anyone have intel?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: What happened to Easy Models?

Post by Epap » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:41 pm

I noticed the same thing, regarding most Chinese seller listings on eBay a few weeks ago, AF, though a few are still to be found. There seem to be plenty of other Easy Model listings, though, so this may just be a temporary problem of some mysterious sort. I haven't heard that EM has given up the ghost.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:13 pm

Aferg, if you're looking for a good selection of MRC Easy Model aircraft and armor at reasonable prices, try the Hobbylinc website: http://www.hobbylinc.com/

I've shopped with them on several occasions, actually for some Easy Model items, and they are very reliable. They have what I would consider an excellent selection of Easy Model products in stock. EM still has to be around as my local Hobbtown USA store recently got in the EM Stukas and IL-2 Sturmoviks. I like the Sturmovik :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:24 pm

my suspicion is that EM has banned Chinese sellers from selling their products, as they were undercutting all other sellers by a lot and perhaps making it difficult for EM to market their products to those other sellers. Just a guess.

Otherwise i don't understand why EM have vanished from Chinese sellers all at pretty much the same time.

Tman thanks for the link. It's just hard to pay a lot more for EM after being able to get them for $10 each, including shipping, for so long.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:17 am

Yeah, I totally get wanting to pay as little as possible for them... My local hobby store usually has a few examples in stock in the $14 range and up depending on the model, so I'm used to that price range. I've really taken a shining to the MRC EM helicopters. The Russian Hind, USMC UH-34, etc. are pretty nice and better detailed than many of the WWII planes.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:21 am

I just purchased the Hind, Choctaw and Huey EM models. I am impressed with the quality. I probably overpaid for them on Evilbay, but I like them. I bought mine from Baronvlad....

TJM