Store4War.com ...BEWARE!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Store4War.com ...BEWARE!

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:46 am

I tried to place an order at Store4War.com and everything went fine, except that i was never asked to pay. I selected credit card as payment method, confirmed the order and....nothing. My order shows up in my order history (as unpaid) so it did go through. Anyone dealt with this company before and know how i send payment??
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: Store4War.com ...BEWARE!

Post by aferguson » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:03 am

well i figured out how to pay and boy am i regretting it now. I paid for a hard to find out of producition item. After paying i was looking over the site and noticed that one item, out of dozens said 'in stock'. After further investigation i realized that virtually everything listed on the site is not in stock. Much of it is long out of production, so they would have no hope of getting it from a supplier. So they let you pay for items they don't have and can't get.

On top of that i have emailed them 3 timeis now without a reply. I opened a Paypal case 3 days ago and have still had no response from the site owner.

They have a lot of juicy stuff and reasonable prices but they are obviously a fraud. So beware and stay clear.

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:41 pm

I think it's probbaly because they are out of business and never took the site down. I used to see it all the time. You google an item and it shows up instock and at a great price at an "off the wall" site. But when you look at the bottom of the page, you realize the site hasn't been updated since 2006. There is a LOT of that on the net, and one reason I only stick to dealers I know.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:00 pm

well the site was updated late december 2013 and they are still taking Paypal payments. It's probably that they are in the process of going broke and i guess are on scam mode to survive.

Regardless, no excuse for taking people's money and then not responding to any form of communication. It's based in France but the site is in english so they cater to english speaking customers.

First time i've had an experience like this and i've used a lot of little hole in the wall sites before.....always had decent service or at least a quick refund when they didn't have the product. Never been stone walled before.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:37 pm

aferguson wrote:well the site was updated late december 2013 and they are still taking Paypal payments. It's probably that they are in the process of going broke and i guess are on scam mode to survive.

Regardless, no excuse for taking people's money and then not responding to any form of communication. It's based in France but the site is in english so they cater to english speaking customers.

First time i've had an experience like this and i've used a lot of little hole in the wall sites before.....always had decent service or at least a quick refund when they didn't have the product. Never been stone walled before.
That's unfortunate, I hope you get your money back.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:54 pm

It's good to know which ones to avoid.

Toys'n'Swords was another that had all kinds of 21stC stuff, but orders never went through.

Probably a good thing you paid with Paypal. I use my PP debit card when they don't have that option and have only credit card payment, so I can file a dispute and get my money back more easily if something goes amiss.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

ledhead0085
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ledhead0085 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:13 pm

I bought shoes on line once that never came. the order just always said processing but the site said it would process orders in 24 hours. i emailed them several times no response. so i then opened a case with paypal then i got a tracking number from china. ?ok when it arrives its a sponge. tracking number said it was delivered so that automatically closed the case with paypal. so i had to get the police involved. paypal did give me back my money after that. and the site got shutdown. but its probably back up under a different name. be in china they don't have to abide by our laws.

sorry about your luck aferguson but its actully probably good luck cause cyber crime is on the rise and now your gonna be more cautious and you didn't loose anything learning this lesson. all depends on how you look at it.