FOV Action Series Jagdpanther??

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

FOV Action Series Jagdpanther??

Post by Heer » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Last edited by Heer on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Action Series Jagdpanther??

Post by NHoggard12 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 pm

I have seen a few of these interesting pieces (only on ebay unfortunately).
The vehicle doesn't look too "action series."

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:24 am

There was never an action series Jagdpanther - it was only available in the Enthusiast grade. By the looks of the picture, the seller (or who ever owned the Jagdpanther prior to that seller) took the insert for the regular Enthusiast grade Jagdpanther and placed it in an action grade vehicle box. Not sure why that would be done unless the original Jagdpanther box got mangled in some way and they were trying to protect the vehicle. It won't increase its value or collectability.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:16 pm

.......... I beg to differ Tristan ... I have an Action Series Normandy Jagdpanther still MISB AS # 90002 . I don't have a pic but these do exist but HTF . This one is kinda clean , crisp camo w/ light weathering. A much better example than my Enthusiast version IMHO.

* FoV started to market overstock of virtually every AFV to a point a few yrs. ago , then they vanished out of T@RGET's where they were mostly encountered. I had bought quite a few and were sold cheap there too , like for $25.00 bucks. ... "Ahh those were the days" . :wink: 8)

- MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:39 pm

MG-42 wrote:* FoV started to market overstock of virtually every AFV to a point a few yrs. ago , then they vanished out of T@RGET's where they were mostly encountered. I had bought quite a few and were sold cheap there too , like for $25.00 bucks. ... "Ahh those were the days" . :wink: 8)
You do have a point. Afterall, I did pick up an Enthusiast LAV-25 , MLRS, M3 Halftrack, Kannonwagen, 1:48 Longbow Apache, King Tiger, Tiger, S2 Bradley, DUKW, Schwimmwagen, etc at various times at either Target or TRU back in the day... Guess it makes sense they could have also released a few Jagdpanthers in there somewhere :wink:

I'd love to know if any T-34s or Panzer IVs got out there as well. Those definitely were the days 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:57 pm

I also bought one of those Target jagdpanthers back in the day, but am too lazy to go and try and dig it up to see what kind of box it is in!

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:33 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:
MG-42 wrote:* FoV started to market overstock of virtually every AFV to a point a few yrs. ago , then they vanished out of T@RGET's where they were mostly encountered. I had bought quite a few and were sold cheap there too , like for $25.00 bucks. ... "Ahh those were the days" . :wink: 8)
You do have a point. Afterall, I did pick up an Enthusiast LAV-25 , MLRS, M3 Halftrack, Kannonwagen, 1:48 Longbow Apache, King Tiger, Tiger, S2 Bradley, DUKW, Schwimmwagen, etc at various times at either Target or TRU back in the day... Guess it makes sense they could have also released a few Jagdpanthers in there somewhere :wink:

I'd love to know if any T-34s or Panzer IVs got out there as well. Those definitely were the days 8)
Yeah, those were the days. All I ever saw was the normandy tiger and king tiger in target. I did manage to see an Italian stug( which I sould have bought :cry: ). All of my FOV are enthusiast, but I would like to see some action series as well. In terms of enthusiast in action box I only saw it once and it was a winter 251/9 kanonenwagen, but I passed because I already had the normandy version. I should have bought it anyway. :cry: I wonder what else made it to the large retailers as well.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel