Dragon is going to do Neubaufahrzeug in 1/72

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dragon is going to do Neubaufahrzeug in 1/72

Post by StormyThoughts » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:39 am

Shots from Tokyo Hobby Show 2011, found on Dragons page.

The tank hasn't been announced in DA range yet, but it has been placed in pre-built section, among other DA releases. Although I like early war vehicles, and consider Neubaufahrzeug interesting, I would rather see something that was more common.

The only other new armor shown was another camoed T-34/76, not really happy about that :( There were also T-34/85 and 251/22s which are long overdue and sadly, no sign of Churchill. The Panthers and the Stug are themed from comic book titled "Black Knight" (don't know much about it), and were already shown during same show last year.

EDIT: When I was writing this, Dragon put announcement picture for DA range on its website:

Wrights Collectables
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Dragon is going to do Neubaufahrzeug in 1/72

Post by Wrights Collectables » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:56 am

Nice! I can't wait for the Neubaufahrzeug!

Will be getting that for sure! :D

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:37 am

DA was also supposed to release some late panzer IVs this year.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 am

Would have preferred the Sturmpanzer IV that they announced 6 years ago, but whatever.

Maybe they'll do 6 different paint variant of it, since only like 3 were made?

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:42 am

As I recall my readings on the subject, weren't these retro looking tanks made in some sort of soft metal, making them far from combat worthy and didn't the Germans send the lot to Norway for a propaganda picture shoot, then retire them permanently?

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:47 am

Epap wrote:As I recall my readings on the subject, weren't these retro looking tanks made in some sort of soft metal, making them far from combat worthy and didn't the Germans send the lot to Norway for a propaganda picture shoot, then retire them permanently?

I think that is basically it. One was destroyed in Norway, and the other set up as a camp monument as soon as it got from Norway in 1940.

paulmerton
Corporal
Corporal

Post by paulmerton » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Of all the tanks they haven't made yet, the Neubaufahrzeug was one I had never imagined they would! Pretty exciting nonetheless, and definitely one that I'll be adding to my collection. Only five were made in real life, so I'd be surprised if they bring out any other colour schemes, although that didn't stop them with the Tiger (P)...

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:50 pm

eh, where is our Pz III(lg) or Pz IV H/J or M4 Jumbo..stuff that has been promised for years.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by StormyThoughts » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:39 pm

paulmerton wrote:Of all the tanks they haven't made yet, the Neubaufahrzeug was one I had never imagined they would! Pretty exciting nonetheless, and definitely one that I'll be adding to my collection. Only five were made in real life, so I'd be surprised if they bring out any other colour schemes, although that didn't stop them with the Tiger (P)...
Panzer_M wrote:eh, where is our Pz III(lg) or Pz IV H/J or M4 Jumbo..stuff that has been promised for years.
Dragon has been pretty precisely following the catalogue which they released almost a year ago, so after a Churchill I too expected Pz IIIs. Neubau is actually first unexpected addition and must say not un-welcomed one, but still I would rather see Pz IIIs first.
EnemyAce wrote: Maybe they'll do 6 different paint variant of it, since only like 3 were made?

Considering their past record on number of released Mouses, Ferdinands and Jagdtigers with all the crane/tarp/etc combinations, that wouldn't surprise me at all :)

Cheers
Last edited by StormyThoughts on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

cheesecake
Corporal
Corporal

Post by cheesecake » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:16 am

Thanks stormy for the pics... greats news !
I didn't know this tank in 1940... the first time i see one ! it's true, i never study seriously the norway campaign.

So, the pics show strange stuff too :

- on the poster, the Stug.III have the same camo of 60336 already released, but coded 60413, strange no ? i don't know the comic book !

But, some interesting stuff too :

- the two T-34 with nice camo... the right one seem to be the last announced on DA's site (60473)... i want them :)

- and, on the same pic of T-34, we can see the 251/22... i pre ordered them from french retailer, but it's long, very long :(

- Finally, the T-34/85 seen on 3rd pic (poster), is it the 60497 announced since a long time too ???? because i preordered this one too...

graycap
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by graycap » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:43 am

Excellant! Nice to see some early war armour for a change.