1:72 Dragon Armor and Hobby Master Vehicles?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

1:72 Dragon Armor and Hobby Master Vehicles?

Post by cjg476 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy these? They seem pricey on a lot of websites...Thanks..
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1:72 Dragon Armor and Hobby Master Vehicles?

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:44 pm

cheapest

private sales on forums between collectors.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Well, the prices are pretty consistant, about $20 a piece, with some HM tanks even approaching the $30 mark. I agree with panzer m, since I got an early 1/72 jagdpanther for $12 and an HM puma for $12 shipped a few months ago from a board member. Great deals. :D :D
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Its amazing how some hobby stores online hold collectors hostage with there outrageous prices...
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:47 am

the problem is the MAP pricing that almost all companies have enforced
we must advertise at a set price
Last edited by AMERICAN_GRENADIER on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:47 am

double post
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:53 am

Saw this in my email yesterday:

-Kevin

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:09 am

THANKS Kevin...also I didnt know that Bob...I thought you guys set yoru own prices...I guess I will stop getting mad at the seller than
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 am

yep there is little we can do except offer side deals here in the forum or have sales in our stores but we cant advertise them
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

Captain Tiger 2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Captain Tiger 2 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:50 am

I thought I would give you the UK Trade perspective on the issue of fixed prices which I can imagine for US Model trades could be seen as a problem. In the UK MAP is an illegal practice in fact any form of price fixing between trade and importers. As an importer we can only recommend a retail price to our trade customers after that it is a free market. The upside is that my trade customers can be competitive and come up with their own sales programs, but the downside is that some can take this to extremes and sell for a dime more than they paid for an item, which is great for collectors but it can soon destroy a brand as stores who would normally be happy to buy good numbers, will stay away stating what is the point of buying items to sell if others are prepared to sell at very low prices. The US practice of MAP though has its problems does keep the hobby stable and the brands alive and keeps some traders form selling model too cheap if they had their own way. Both systems are not perfect and both have positive and negative sides. It is quite natural for collectors to look for deals and it is great when you find them, but to have a hobby in the first place it needs a robust supply chain of manufactures, Importers Retailer and collectors willing to pay a reasonable price for a model. If the price of models gets higher and higher nature will take its course with collectors not buying, retailers not selling, and importers not importing and model companies not producing. In the UK at the moment large numbers of models are simply not coming to market for one reason or another and the supply chain is failing in some areas. The total free market is fantastic in one way but very fragile in other ways.

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:37 am

The MAP is supposed to give big and small retailers a more "equal battlefield" to sell their products. Stores like the motorpool and flying mule are large stores, and if the MAP wasn't there, they could easily lower thir prices to "get rid" of the smaller businesses, because they can probably afford it. The smaller ones can't. The MAP basically gives all retailers a fair chance of selling their products.

BTW, have HM's tank prices went up a lot, the new sdkfz 234/3 is going for $28 for some stores. The sdkfz 234/2 (puma) I got a year ago was only $21.99. :evil:
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:23 am

It just seems so expensive now...I was thinking about doing a 1:72 dio but when I think about all I want to put in it...I will be working off m costs for awhile...think I may put this project on hold for now...but maybe later...
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 pm

PanzerArm, which retailer is that offer through? I have a retailer offering me any 1/72 scale Dragon Armor or Hobby Master release I want for $18 including shipping. Anyone know of a retailer that can beat that?

paulmerton
Corporal
Corporal

Post by paulmerton » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:19 pm

So what's the best place in them in the UK?

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:06 am

paulmerton

Purely because of the prices shooting up, I left Dragon armour alone for ages, but I've recently been buying at more reasonable rates some of the ones I didn't go for originally.

It just takes patience, and watching the special offer/clearance shelves in the local hobby shops. They seem to be clearing a lot of the earlier run of the mill releases up to the first ones issued in the value range, and it's these later ones i've been catching.

I just pick off the odd ones here and there, I can't justify 25 quid for a 1/72 tank, there are far too many other things to blow it on!

(As to where, it depends how far you travel, we go on trips all over the country so there's usually a diversion to the local model stores)

Sam

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:20 am

Tshintl wrote:PanzerArm, which retailer is that offer through? I have a retailer offering me any 1/72 scale Dragon Armor or Hobby Master release I want for $18 including shipping. Anyone know of a retailer that can beat that?
I apologize for not answering sooner. It was through The Flying Mule.

-Kevin

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 am

Tshintl wrote:PanzerArm, which retailer is that offer through? I have a retailer offering me any 1/72 scale Dragon Armor or Hobby Master release I want for $18 including shipping. Anyone know of a retailer that can beat that?
Online retailer or brick and mortar store? $18 sounds like a good price depending on selection