New K&C WWI Albatros

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

New K&C WWI Albatros

Post by hworth18 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:25 am

I saw one of these the other day at my local hobbyshop and they look really nice. They also have a nice pricetag with them.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Coreyeagle48

Re: New K&C WWI Albatros

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Harry

These were the planes I was talking about a little while ago. King and Country makes nice stuff but the prices just keep climbing and climbing on their pieces. The quality is excellent don't get me wrong, but when you think about other quality small scale pieces such as Hobby Master's 1/32 Dauntless, it makes the price even more painful.

I have most of their WWII models and like them. But the price is defintely not cheap. With the Albatros, I had plans to get them but then they decided to do 3 versions in limited numbers (150...WTF) of each version. Most of the online retailers had sold out of their alottment before they even arrived in the door. It was kind of sad really...one or two versions would have been enough and make more of them. Given the limited releases of WWI models, I have no doubt they would have sold. I've heard the next plane is a Fokker D-7 in limited numbers of 150 with three paint schemes.

There are some collectors I talk to on other boards that were left out of these and are pretty heated about it. I think more should have been made, even if it meant doing one less scheme. To make only 150 of these was absolutely ridculous.

Rant Over.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:Harry

These were the planes I was talking about a little while ago. King and Country makes nice stuff but the prices just keep climbing and climbing on their pieces. The quality is excellent don't get me wrong, but when you think about other quality small scale pieces such as Hobby Master's 1/32 Dauntless, it makes the price even more painful.

I have most of their WWII models and like them. But the price is defintely not cheap. With the Albatros, I had plans to get them but then they decided to do 3 versions in limited numbers (150...WTF) of each version. Most of the online retailers had sold out of their alottment before they even arrived in the door. It was kind of sad really...one or two versions would have been enough and make more of them. Given the limited releases of WWI models, I have no doubt they would have sold. I've heard the next plane is a Fokker D-7 in limited numbers of 150 with three paint schemes.

There are some collectors I talk to on other boards that were left out of these and are pretty heated about it. I think more should have been made, even if it meant doing one less scheme. To make only 150 of these was absolutely ridculous.

Rant Over.

Corey
The limited availability does suck, but I think they are trying to keep these a true collectible which isn't too bad if you can get them.
Btw, My local shop still has 2 of the 3 available.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:13 pm

I think it has something to do with the cheap molds they use. They aren't using long-life metal molds like they do with diecast, they use those flexi molds for resin. They are only good for hundreds of casts, not thousands.