new hobby master stuart has arrived

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
the_bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

new hobby master stuart has arrived

Post by the_bird » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:18 pm

i should be getting my pieces by monday cany wait

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBY-MASTER-1- ... 2c5f57d1c0

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: new hobby master stuart has arrived

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Fantastic! That will look great next to my similar-looking 1:6 scale M-5 Stuart :P Definitely a piece of 1:72 armor I'm looking forward to getting and Hobbymaster chose the perfect version for a first release - which they usually seem to do.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:50 pm

nice, the US,Brit and M8 are all must buys.

although just ordered warmaster's RSO/PaK and Blitz's 250/3 to covert into a 250/11 alte this weekend..should have held the few days for the HM M5a1..although it gives me something to order with the new P-39Q
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:19 pm

I picked up the Hobbymaster M5A1 Stuart (E Company, 83 Recon Battalion, 3 Armored Division "Victory") yesterday. Overall, I am quite pleased. The tooling is very crisp and it has a nice amount of weathering without being too excessive or underdone. The turret rotates and main gun elevates. There isn't much metal in the construction, however, and the tank feels light. The $26 price tag is pushing it for such a small vehicle. Nevertheless, I like the M5 Stuart and have wanted one for my 1:72 armor collection and Hobbymaster did not dissapoint :D

Another thing I have to chuckle about is the fact that the tank is in the exact same tank as my 21c 1:6 scale R/C M5 Stuart, right down to the serial number and unit markings, spare road wheel in the same spot, .30 caliber gun, tools stowed on the rear hull, etc. Only the "Victory" artwork is missing from my big tank. They do look good next to each other :wink:

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."