Dragon Armor 60428 IJA Type 95 "Ha-Go"

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dragon Armor 60428 IJA Type 95 "Ha-Go"

Post by StormyThoughts » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Just got it a few days ago and wow! I must say that You Guys made me a bit weary with Your recent comments on detail drop in Dragons line. When it comes to details this little fellow is absolutely amazing. The model is very accurate with all the lines and rivets well pronounced. Turret rotates, unfortunately the gun is fixed. Both MGs have a small cut at the end which gives the impression that they are open. The tank is made entirely of plastic (with the notable exception of brass mesh covering the muffler, which looks really good), and is very light. Paint job is executed very well with subtle weathering. It's the oldest tank in DA collection (entered production in 1935) I love the simple, inter-war and classical look of it.

2PLN is roughly the size of a pound coin and smaller than euro

paulmerton
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Dragon Armor 60428 IJA Type 95 "Ha-Go"

Post by paulmerton » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:29 am

Although your photos are very good, this somehow looks even more impressive when it's in your hand! It's surely the smallest tank they've made, yet the details are really good - I especially like the muffler you mention.

My only criticism of this model would be that the black rubber isn't painted all the way around the road wheels - it fades off a bit as you get near to the suspension arms. Also, it's not screwed to the base of the case, so it's not really possible to admire it from outside the box without first losing some of the packaging (which is the only thing that stops it rattling around).

Talking of old tanks, it would be great if Dragon Armor thought about making some of the WW1 classics in 1/72 scale. If they're able to make this one, things like the Whippet should be no problem at all.

paulmerton
Corporal
Corporal

Post by paulmerton » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:37 am

The Type 97 Chi-Ha is also pretty good if you don't already have it. Similar paint job, thin metal mufflers on each side (looks great), and generally larger. The main gun is also fixed, and I haven't even tried to rotate the turret because there's an aerial all the way round it which I would no doubt break off :)

My only gripe is that the tracks on mine seem to be done up too tight, so they curve inwards as they go round the drive sprockets. I've only seen that problem before on an Easy Model Sherman. Oh, and like the Type 95, it's not screwed to the base of the display case.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:47 pm

nice!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by StormyThoughts » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:19 am

paulmerton wrote: Also, it's not screwed to the base of the case, so it's not really possible to admire it from outside the box without first losing some of the packaging (which is the only thing that stops it rattling around).
I found the new blister a bit tricky, but after some harassment it went ok. You just have to put Your fingers (from underneath) in the thingys that keep the tank stiff and bend them backwards and voila! Your tank is out. Same procedure if You want it back in plastic.
Talking of old tanks, it would be great if Dragon Armor thought about making some of the WW1 classics in 1/72 scale. If they're able to make this one, things like the Whippet should be no problem at all.
Ditto to that, would love to see more of the inter war machines, like the FT, Vickers, Carden-Lloyd, Christie Tanks.
The Type 97 Chi-Ha is also pretty good if you don't already have it.
Still waiting for it, unfortunately on this side of the continent, we always get stuff last :(
AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:nice!
Thanks

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Both the Type 95 and 97 are quite good replicas though the application of the "yellow" stripes seems to vary as to color and patterning from batch to batch. On my models the yellow was much too faded and the patterns very simplistic so I made a few modifications. They look a lot better now.