War Master another line from the same manufacturer in Europe

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

War Master another line from the same manufacturer in Europe

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:34 pm

War Master "Military Machines" is now coming into to the U.S. marked from Europe.
its the same producer of IXO, Altaya and others. yet again being repackaged for the U.S. marked. their first releases are many of the same pieces from the other lines but their are a couple new interesting pieces coming out.
theres armor WWII & Modern, support vehicles and aircraft.

among the first is Matilda II or "CDL" Canal Defense Light (CDL) was a British "secret weapon" of the Second World War. It was based upon the use of a powerful carbon-arc searchlight mounted on a tank. It was intended to be used during night-time attacks, when the light would allow enemy positions to be targeted. A secondary use of the light would be to dazzle and disorient enemy troops, making it harder for them to return fire accurately. The inaccurate name Canal Defense Light was used to conceal the device's true purpose.

others are Demag Sd.Kfz.10 Sonderkraftfahrzeug, Crusader, M13 AA halftrack,
Krauss-Maffei Flakpanzer Gepard. the aircraft are the already done except the Grumman F6F Hellcat USN, Radio-Controlled Drone

we will have these this week and will let you know what we think and show some actual pictures
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

tparkhere
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: War Master another line from the same manufacturer in Eu

Post by tparkhere » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Price?

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Didn't Warmaster say it was going to enter the market a year ago, and then all of a sudden no news whatsoever?
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:18 am

"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:02 am

A lot of internet retailers already listed these for pre-order a month or two ago along with pictures. Flying Mule has the tanks listed for $19.99 and the planes at $24.99, which seems to be about the standard price compared to most other retailers. Info and pictures at the link below as well...

http://www.diecast72.com/warmaster.asp

If you're familiar with Altaya/DeAgostini tanks and vehicles, then you'll have a good idea of what these will be like. War Master will be more weathered though which adds a little something extra.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:21 pm

the 'light' idea was tried by the Russians...and backfired big time. The usual smoke and dust of battle reflected the light and ended up dazzling their own troops worse than the germans. And the lights shining behind the troops and tanks just silhouetted targets for the germans. :lol: Seemed like a great idea though.

Very interesting pieces for this company to make.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tparkhere
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tparkhere » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Thank for the info.

If they are IXO planes, I will pass on planes. However, I will buy armors

StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by StormyThoughts » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 am

I am a bit confused with all this.

As I understand, all these - Blitz72, War Master, Amercom, DeAgostini, Altaya, IXO are being done by one manufacturer or at least moulds are the same?

Do we know what is the name of that company? Because I am being lost with who makes what for whom?

Cheers

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:09 am

StormyThoughts wrote:I am a bit confused with all this.

As I understand, all these - Blitz72, War Master, Amercom, DeAgostini, Altaya, IXO are being done by one manufacturer or at least moulds are the same?

Do we know what is the name of that company? Because I am being lost with who makes what for whom?

Cheers
There are actually two manufacturers/factories that make these. The original manufacturer of the Altaya/Deagostini and War Master tanks is Sonic Int'l. from China. I'm not sure how they relate to IXO, but I've spoken to a rep directly from Sonic Int'l. and they are the original factory. Anything coming from Altaya, DeAgostini and War Master comes from them.

Then you have at least one other Chinese factory which I believe is called Runsun, that makes cheaper copies of the originals, which is what you find offered from Amercom in Poland. I think these are counterfeits as they also make tanks identical to those found by Hobby Master, Dragon, Admiral Toys, etc. For example, they make a jeep with trailer identical to the one from Hobby Master, right down to the incorrect windshield that the first Hobby Master jeep release had.

The issue is quality. You have the originals, and you have the cheaper quality copies. Though they can look pretty similar and hard to distinguish from one another.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:55 pm

the line is doing very well the 1st releases sold out in 4 days. hoping for restocks soon!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by StormyThoughts » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:41 am

Tshintl wrote: There are actually two manufacturers/factories that make these. The original manufacturer of the Altaya/Deagostini and War Master tanks is Sonic Int'l. from China. I'm not sure how they relate to IXO, but I've spoken to a rep directly from Sonic Int'l. and they are the original factory. Anything coming from Altaya, DeAgostini and War Master comes from them.

Then you have at least one other Chinese factory which I believe is called Runsun, that makes cheaper copies of the originals, which is what you find offered from Amercom in Poland. I think these are counterfeits as they also make tanks identical to those found by Hobby Master, Dragon, Admiral Toys, etc. For example, they make a jeep with trailer identical to the one from Hobby Master, right down to the incorrect windshield that the first Hobby Master jeep release had.

The issue is quality. You have the originals, and you have the cheaper quality copies. Though they can look pretty similar and hard to distinguish from one another.
Thanks, it cleared a lot :)

I don't think these are HM counterfeits. If some models look almost same with HM offerings, then these must be molds manufactured by HM, just like when HM made Mig21 for Corgi's "Predators" line.

I am not an expert but wouldn't it be more expensive to reverse-engineer existing HM molds with all their shortcomings, than make their own crappy one?

Cheers

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:28 am

I picked up a couple of the aircraft. The Glowcat drone is pretty much incorrect as it has guns and even carbon trails from them, has carbon trails from the pitot tube as well... :lol:

The Rufe is merely an A6M5 model with add-on floats. The rudder is standard Zero which is wrong, also retains the headrest which Rufe's didn't have & has erroneous squadron markings. It also comes with optional position landing gear. :? It looks silly in Rufe configuration, but, if stick the landing gear on it makes for a decent A6M5 display.

For the money though, I kinda like the line. Didn't at first though, they had to grow on me.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:10 am

i can agree with that
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"