Dragon Armor King Tiger 60004 Review

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Dragon Armor King Tiger 60004 Review

Post by Heer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Introduction: This tank was one of my earlier purchases and I just managed to find it in the garage while cleaning. This is one of the 2 king tigers that I own from dragon(the other being the normandy version). The king tiger was one of the wars greatest tanks. It was reported that a single king tiger managed to hold up an entire advance column from advancing across a bridge in the Netherlands in 1944. This particular tank however, fought with the 501ST heavy tank battalion during the battle of the bulge.

The Model: This tank is the earliest dragon armour I own. It has a heavy diecast feel to it and the details are superb. But the best thing about this tank is the camoflauge. The tank has a green and brown base color, with little dots of brown and green scattered throughout the tank.

The vehicle: This vehicle was one of the breakthrough units assigned to breakthrough the US defences. The"008" on the turret suggests that it may be a staff tank. From my sources, it is part of Peipers panzer group. It is not known if this particular tank survived the battle.

Conclusion: I purchased this tank via a friend from Hong Kong that had a large stock of dragon armours. I do not know if it is possible to get this tank right now at all, because it is one of the early releases. Overall, this is a very nice vehicle and is really a piece of art!!! :D :D :D
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Dragon Armor King Tiger 60004 Review

Post by StormyThoughts » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:34 am

Nice review, thanks.

Myself, I prefer 60141 or 60129, because the colors of the 60004 are slightly to bright IMO

Cheers

Luke

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:56 pm

The king tiger with the paratroopers looks good. I may have to search around for it. For some reason unfathomable, I don't usually buy any of the cyber hobby releases, although they usually sky-rocket in value. I actually wanted to get Wittman's normandy tiger, but was extremely dissapointed seeing that it was just the same as dragon's 60021 but with 222 instead of 231. It seems to be a bit hard t get cyber hobby stuff in the US as well.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by StormyThoughts » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:51 am

Unfortunately all Normandy Tigers I, with the exception of 60122, are the same with just different decals. :(