display stand question....

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

display stand question....

Post by iballdriver » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 pm

just recieved the Robin Olds F-4 HobbyMaster in 1/72. glad i have it, but it suffers from pre-F-111 standards.do any of you have a success story of using a witty wings stand on this F-4? looking for a sling/cradle, much like the F-102 HM variant. i tried the F-4 with the F-11 ad F-102 cradle and they aren't compatable. i would really like to display the Scat F-4 with the centrline load in flight mode, on a stand, as well. anyone? bueller? bueller?
bc
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

snake
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: display stand question....

Post by snake » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Ironically, this just was posted at DHP.

The Witty F-15 stand will work, but apparently you still can't display the centerline ordinance. :(

I find the Corgi 1/32 stands work well for a variety of different models, and scales. Plus they have a depth between the supports which help with the centerline load.

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:07 pm

thanks, Snake. hopefully, HM customersupport reads this board. it would be great if they did a retro/mod on stands. looks like i will be buying some witty stands in the future...
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:29 am

Here's an alternative

These are Flightpose stands of different sizes available, great for some of the bigger Macross, GI Joe and Tansformers plastic models (maybe even 1/32 airplanes)but might work for diecast planes. They are transparent with 3 adjustable prongs that will allow centreline ordnance mounting but the overall look might still look messy and chunky, but its still a viable but not cheap alternative.

I've known of these stands for many years but have never purchased one so can't give any comments on it.

They used to be available in the now defunct Lost & Found Toys website but here's the current website

http://www.flightpose.com/

Wonder if Pizza Guy able/willing to fix you up with an customized acrylic stand for the phantom but not sure if he collects 1/72 as he prob needs a sample?
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace