"Puma" dilemma

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

"Puma" dilemma

Post by Heer » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:31 pm

I know that I have bben on this forum for barely 4 hours, but I just wanted some opinions. I have recently been mentally debating with myself on whether I should get the hobby master puma or wait for panzerstahl's puma?
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: "Puma" dilemma

Post by Tshintl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:35 pm

You also have the choice of the Altaya/Deagostini Puma. I haven't see either the HM or Panzerstahl Puma yet so can't help you there.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:56 pm

i would go with the HM
the 2 your looking at are better than the altaya
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

tparkhere
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tparkhere » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:49 pm

I have not seen any of those Pumas up close. But, from looking at hundreds of 1/72 AFVs, I would always go with Hobby Master first . For quality, details and “crispness,” you will not be disappointed with Hobby Master.

StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by StormyThoughts » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Hey

I've got HM's Puma and think it's quite decent. Models relased by PS so far are average, but I am waiting for PS 234/4, coz it looks nice on the pre-pro photos. Perhaps they have improved their tooling :?:

Cheers

Luke

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Yeah, I just went to the panzerstahl official website, and the normandy puma looks pretty decent. It says that the puma is slated for a January 2011 release. The main concern for the HM puma to me is that it's co-axial machine gun is way too long, and since it is the first vehicle (hence the "1" on the side storage spaces) it is lacking a radio antenna. However, it is only $20 compared to $30 for panzerstahls puma. But I value quality a lot when it comes to one of the best armoured cars that the Germans made in WWII!! :)
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel