Lots of new armor today, and some planes

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Lots of new armor today, and some planes

Post by zzzippper » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:01 am

My stuff from smalljoes just came. Their orders always take weeks longer than any other company but their prices are lower than any other company. In today's batch were an FOV Panther, Tiger I, Panzer IV, Normandy Sherman, Stug III and M1 Abrams. Also from 21st Century a Hetzer and Panzer 38(t).

Also a BBI Dauntless and Hellcat in 1:32. As well as my first FOV airplanes, an Me109 Yellow 6 and P-39.

And from 21st an Italian 202.

All in 1:32. I don't think I'm going to unbox everything because I don't have any room left. I'm shocked at the size of the Panther, it's larger than the Tiger I.

The nose landing gear and side engine panels are real pains in the ass!

And even though it's plastic I like the Hetzer. It has always been one of my favorites.

caesarbc3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Lots of new armor today, and some planes

Post by caesarbc3 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:42 am

No wonder it takes so long, you ordered an entire armor division. They have to put that much stuff on a flat bed and train it to you :D :D

I'm envious. That is a nich shipment you got there.

NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NHoggard12 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Cool buys; maybe some reviews coming our way?

haha, i thought the exact same thing when i got my first FOV panther.

zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zzzippper » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:30 pm

The only real review or comments I have is that the Normandy Panther and Sherman both are crying out for weathering. Even the Tiger I for that matter. The fenders and side skirts are clicheingly bent and dented but there's not a speck of dirt anywhere.

Oh, and on the Eastern Front Panzer IV the side skirts are really a chore to hang. The rails are very fragile, I broke one just trying to get it out of FOV's industrial strength packaging.

snake
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Nice haul of planes and armour. :D

I know what you mean about the Panzer IV side skirts. I broke off one of the small tabs trying to put it on.Nothing a little super glue couldn't fix. I do like the FOV armour, as they have good detail, and some weight to them. Weathering is a tricky subject. It seems to be in the eye of the beholder. Some people like more, some like less.

Not such a fan of the FOV aircraft however. Lots of weight to them, but they just don't seem to be "right", particularly the paint. However they are cheap, and are a proper 1/32 diecast metal model. On a positive note, nobody else makes a P-39 in 1/32 diecast, so thanks to FOV for doing this aircraft.I have one, and am happy with it.

The BBI Dauntless, and Wildcat are also good value for the money. Unless you want to pay $150 for the great Hobby Master 1/32 Dauntless, this is the only other alternative. And nobody else does the Wildcat in 1/32. :wink:

I would like to see BBI do some more 1/32 aircraft[ Hellcat, Corsair, P-38 etc], but they haven't released anything in at least a couple of years.

The BBI 1/32 F-4 is an excellent model, that begs to be done in some other schemes other than VF-84 Jolly Rogers.

Nice Forces of Valor and BBI delivery, zzzippper. 8)

zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zzzippper » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:41 pm

These have been on order and being shipped for months. I ordered them back when I was more interested in armor than aircraft. I also got an M1A Abrams even though I'm not a modern armor fan. I got it (and a T72 coming) to commemorate my time in Iraq.

I think the weathering on the M46 Pershing is just about right. I don't want a rolling mud puddle but I don't like when they look like they just got an Earl Schibe $99 paint job. :D

The BBI I got on the recommendation of yoxford. How you doing yox? I haven't heard from you in awhile.