Hobby Master F-100

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Hobby Master F-100

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:17 pm

What do you guys think about the Hobby Master 72nd scale F-100 Super Sabre? I would like to get one in the French paint scheme with the shark mouth. Looks great, what do you think of this model?
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

tmanthegreat

Re: Hobby Master F-100

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:11 pm

I have the S1 version - which was flown by a friend of mine - and consequently, its one of my favorite HM jets 8)

The jet is nicely constructed with all the usual features such as the landing gear parts, ordinance, figure, etc. The canopy opens in the correct manner and is hinged - not a seperate piece. There is some cockpit detail including flight controls and instruments. My version came with various bombs, missiles, and drop tanks so one could vary the armaments. The HM F-100 also comes with two different types of refueling probes.

I also have the Matchbox Collectables F-100. The detail on the HM aircraft is superior in every respect and it has a greater level of functionality.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:52 pm

I recently purchased the Comstock F-100 and it a a very impressive model. HM does quality work. the Hun is my 2nd favorite, right behind my Thud ( memphis belle II ). I was leaning towards getting a SEA camo painted Hun, but am very happy with the aluminum version. you won't be dissapointed.
bc
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

snake

Post by snake » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:33 pm

The HM F-100 is a great model, Sabrefan.

The only real complaint that I have heard, is that the air intake in the nose is kind of shallow. There is a piece of plastic that seals the intake, but it is too far forward.And is noticeable when looking down the intake.

Other than that, another great release from HM. :D

I only have one, but it is a good one. Schmenk, in SEA camo.

Image.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks guys, really is a great looking model. Think I am going to order a couple from Aikens tomorrow.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

PHANTOMWARRIOR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PHANTOMWARRIOR » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:18 am

I have the same model as well and think it is the best camo scheme of the HM F-100s IMO. Saw an interview with Schmenck on a program called Dogfights and after that, it had to be his F-100.

Terry