Do you remember?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Do you remember?

Post by zzzippper » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:02 am

Do you remember opening your first diecast model? I'm sorry, but I'm new to this hobby and just opened my HM 1:48 P-26 Peashooter and F3F-3 Flying Barrel. I can't get over the detail and paint jobs. I thought they would be like Matchbox cars but I'm loving the quality. Just don't turn them over or the pilot falls out of the open cockpit!

For me it felt like Christmas morning as a kid. I am LOVING this hobby!

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:18 am

yes my first was a 1/32 FOV hanomag. i think my wife regrets getting that for me. it was the beginning of an adiction
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

snake

Re: Do you remember?

Post by snake » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:41 pm

zzzippper wrote:Do you remember opening your first diecast model? I'm sorry, but I'm new to this hobby and just opened my HM 1:48 P-26 Peashooter and F3F-3 Flying Barrel. I can't get over the detail and paint jobs. I thought they would be like Matchbox cars but I'm loving the quality. Just don't turn them over or the pilot falls out of the open cockpit!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you are enjoying yourself, zzzipper.

And starting out with Hobby Master is a great idea.They make very good models.The hobby has never had such a varied, and high quality lineup, as it does right now.With more releases coming all the time.

I still remember my first diecast.

Franklin Mint 1/48 Spitfire.

Remember being quite impressed with the quality of everything.The paint was good,the details were there, and the weight was very surprising.I knew exactly then, that I was going to get some more of these. 8)

Thanks China!

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Do you remember?

Post by iballdriver » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 pm

zzzippper wrote:Do you remember opening your first diecast model? I'm sorry, but I'm new to this hobby and just opened my HM 1:48 P-26 Peashooter and F3F-3 Flying Barrel. I can't get over the detail and paint jobs. I thought they would be like Matchbox cars but I'm loving the quality. Just don't turn them over or the pilot falls out of the open cockpit!

it was a toe-curling experience when i opened my first 1 18 scale model. f105-really george.........sigh. i need a smoke now....
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 pm

The Hobby Master P-26 is a beauty!
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:25 am

My first opened diecast was the gemini plagis spitfire, totally blown away by it and had a silly grin on my face for days

It still occupies a special space on my very limited display shelf

I've only opened about 17 out of 120 planes I have, yesterday night I opened and displayed the HM Harrier "Tomcats", its like Xmas... in August! :lol:

mikeyt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mikeyt » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:05 pm

every new model i get is my new favorite :D

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

my first ever die cast

Post by supersonicfifi » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:25 am

My first ever die cast was a franklin mint 1/100 F - 18 hornet and i was blown away ! then i discovered the 1/48 diecast world but due to space consideration i switched to 1/72 .... and then the big drama .... i discovered the 1/18 !!!!!

Now my favorite model is the 1/72 HM mirage 2000 in its prototype guise ! it's so nice & sleek !

i removed all the ordonnance and really looks like some paper airplane of my youth !!!!!!
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 am

Like Snake, my first diecast warbird in the modern era was the FM Spitfire in 1:48th scale, which I bought in response to an ad in "Air & Space" magazine in the early 1990s. As it happened, I was disappointed by the faded appearance of the upper surface paint scheme and some of the markings but other diecasts soon came to the rescue to stimulate my interest and I now have something like 1500 in all shapes and scales. :D