Anyone order from the motorpool.net?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
RedBaron
Corporal
Corporal

Anyone order from the motorpool.net?

Post by RedBaron » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 am

Anyone ever order from the motorpool.net? I pre-ordered the 10 tanks from the panzerstahl line on Friday. They were in stock on Tuesday and was just wondering if they email you when they are shipped with a tracking number? I check my order online and it just says that the status is processing.

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:43 am

I've been happy with my purchases from them. No complaints.

Like their website and thinks its a good resource.

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 pm

No complaints here, as well. Their news updates are also worthwhile sources of information on new lines and products.

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:23 pm

No problems from them in the past. Fast Shipping too.

Plus they are always pretty up to date on upcoming releases, but they do sell out fast of older stocks before other online retailers...like I noticed recently the S1 Marder III(r) from HM is sold out at Motorpool.

Plus I like their two page spread they do(ad) with WWII Magazine.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Panzerstahl

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi Red,
We're going to be shipping out the Panzerstahl line shortly. We had to upgrade our computer equipment this week (migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7) and ran into some problems along the way. I spent seven hours on the phone with Dell tech support trying to figure out why their Dell printer would no longer work with Windows 7. In the end, we had to order new printers...

Orders will be going out shortly sans invoices. They can still be printed by customers when they log onto their account. We should have the new printers sometime next week.

Sorry for the delay...

Cordially,

Marc
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Marder

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Hi Panzer,
We didnt order enough of the Marder. It blew out and our distributor was out when we went back to re-order. In the past, we used a formula to calculate our order needs based upon grading of the item and pre-orders. When more people decided to wait to order an item, it threw off our calculations. So, we have to be more intuitive when it comes to ordering to make sure we have enough stock on hand without having to run fire sales to get out of excess inventory.

Marc
www.themotorpool.net

P.S. Dont ask me how the formula works... :D
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

RedBaron
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Panzerstahl

Post by RedBaron » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Thanks Marc!

Do you send out tracking information and how many days for delivery to Chicago, IL?
lightning2000 wrote:Hi Red,
We're going to be shipping out the Panzerstahl line shortly. We had to upgrade our computer equipment this week (migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7) and ran into some problems along the way. I spent seven hours on the phone with Dell tech support trying to figure out why their Dell printer would no longer work with Windows 7. In the end, we had to order new printers...

Orders will be going out shortly sans invoices. They can still be printed by customers when they log onto their account. We should have the new printers sometime next week.

Sorry for the delay...

Cordially,

Marc
www.themotorpool.net

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Marc,

Do you have any more info on MRC/EasyModel's PzKpfw IV and III Lines getting released this year for 3Q or 4Q?

I figure like alot of the mrc ground armour the upcoming 18ton FAMO and new StuGs are just prebuilt versions of Trumpeter's kit, but I am wondering where MRC is getting the tooling for the Panzers since Trump doesn't have either tank in their model range.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Stuff

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:54 am

Hi Red,
Yes, we do send out tracking info once the package is set up for shipment. You should receive yours shortly. Figure three business days to get from NYC to Chicago.

Panzer, no we havent heard about the Panzer III or Panzer IVs from Easy Model. Keep in mind alot of the stuff was originally included in their 2007! catalog. We have their 2010 catalog in hand and its virtually identical to the 2007 version. Talk about taking your time to get it right!

On the plus side, we havent received a single complaint regarding those items we have shipped out. The detail is excellent, rivalling anything else available and oftentimes offering subjects no one else has touched. With Dragon, Unimax and now Panzerstahl offering Pz IVs, my hunch is that their Pz IVs wont be offered anytime soon. The Pz IIIs might be a different story.

Marc
www.themotorpool.net

PS. Looks like the next set of Easy Model builds coming out are the Soviet-made Mi-17 transport helicopters and US-built UH-1B Hueys. We hope to have all the images up shortly. Product will probably show up in the pipeline sometime in August.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:18 am

The Short Barrel StuGs(B-E) are still a go for this summer from MRC?