Do the early HM Ju87s have the correct tail marking?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Do the early HM Ju87s have the correct tail marking?

Post by Panzer_M » Mon May 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Just wondering, as I know the Tan Libya '42 model does have as do the 3 Me 110s I have, ZG76,SG77 and ZG1.

looking at Russia StG.2 in the white wash, but i haven't seen a final production photo of it, so I was wondering if the first four stukas, the Gs, and first 2 D-3s(Russia and Walter Sigel) have the markings.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Tue May 18, 2010 6:30 am

As I recall, the only Luftwaffe JU-87 that HM released with a swastika on its tail was the desert tan one ( HA0131 ). That is what is indicated on HM's website and pictures posted on various sellers' websites. It's an easy mod, however. A decal sheet of swastikas in various sizes can be bought from Squadron, or a similar source, and applied using Future floor polish, Microset and Sol, and a few swipes from a Dullcoat spray can.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue May 18, 2010 12:55 pm

yea I have tons of them for various 1/72.

I was trying to think how to blend the white-wash over the marking for the Russian Front D-3 and keep it looking natural.

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Tue May 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Panzer_M wrote:yea I have tons of them for various 1/72.

I was trying to think how to blend the white-wash over the marking for the Russian Front D-3 and keep it looking natural.
I would go with small amounts of white paint, diluted about 30% with thinner and applied randomly near the markings using a small. bushy headed brush. You don't have to touch the entire outline but just a dab here and there creating a slight overspill effect should do it. If you make a mistake, the whole mess----so long as the paint hasn't cured---- can be removed with a brush dipped into thinner and you can try it again.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:26 am

PanzerM, You can go to the Hobbymaster Collector's Website and see everything yu ever wanted to know about any release, including hi-rez pics.. :wink:

http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/index.html
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed May 19, 2010 11:25 am

I was checking that.but those are pre-production pics. and the white wash esp compared to Dragon's flat white patches is a masterwork for a pre-built.

tparkhere
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Do the early HM Ju87s have the correct tail marking?

Post by tparkhere » Thu May 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Panzer_M wrote:Just wondering, as I know the Tan Libya '42 model does have as do the 3 Me 110s I have, ZG76,SG77 and ZG1.

looking at Russia StG.2 in the white wash, but i haven't seen a final production photo of it, so I was wondering if the first four stukas, the Gs, and first 2 D-3s(Russia and Walter Sigel) have the markings.
I have all seven Hobby Master Stukas. As “Epap” have said, only desert tan Stuka has swastika on its tail. Other six (yellow nose, red nose, green nose, green and brown colors, captured and Italian) do not have swastikas. I feel like I am describing Santa’s reindeers. :)

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Fri May 21, 2010 8:36 am

yea I also have the Regia Aeronautica one for 207a Squad/103 Gruppo, and it's prob my favorite Ju 87 scheme of the 4 I have, The 2 Dragon D-5s and 2 HMs.