Any reduced prices at Target or TRU?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General

Any reduced prices at Target or TRU?

Post by ketelone » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:51 am

It's snowing like crazy here. I usually hit the local Targets and TRUs to see if any of their FOV or Bravo Team merchandise is reduced. Target usually does reduce their stuff after Christmas.

Don't forget about the reduced diorama/village merchandise at Michaels, Sears, Menards,etc. It's probably 50-75% off.

Good hunting!
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

scwarlord
Corporal
Corporal

Discount Mrechandise

Post by scwarlord » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 pm

I did a quick run through the usual "suspects" today. Very little Lemax inventory left at Michaels and Loews. No discounting or closeouts yet at our TRU, WM, and Target.

The brick stores appear to have their inventories under control this year. I still expect the closeouts to appear soon.

Unlike the rest of the Midwest Columbus, Ohio didn't have a white, blizzardy Christmas. I am sure you will be eager to get out and shop once the snow clears.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Target has started clearancing the 1:32 two pack figures at $3.48 since Christmas Eve. Over at TRU there are no reductions, but I spotted that Unimax has repackaged the 1:32 Stug III, M3 Lee, and M5 Stuart into the large sized pseudo-enthusiast edition boxes with diorama pieces and are $25.99 each.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:58 pm

Sky Ray wrote:I spotted that Unimax has repackaged the 1:32 Stug III, M3 Lee, and M5 Stuart into the large sized pseudo-enthusiast edition boxes with diorama pieces and are $25.99 each.
Interesting. I want another Stuart and Lee. They are at TRU right?
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:25 am

It finally stopped snowing here so there'll be a little recon action...
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Interesting. I want another Stuart and Lee. They are at TRU right?
Yep.

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:19 pm

I did see Jabba's Rancor set on sale for $34.99 at Target.
By pure chance I scored a Bravo Team Bf-109 (Hartmann's Black Tulip) for $20.
Since the shelves were practically barren, I was very surprised to find it.

Like any other FoV plane, it sports huge rivets. :?
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Last year at Target, I got the M5 Stuart for $4.98. I went to Target just for the Stuart and most of the FOV stuff was gone. As I was leaving, I saw one lying in the doll section or something. It was the last one.
It's a really neat model--especially for $4.98.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:25 pm

I visited a couple of Targets and no sales except for the reduced two figure pieces. I picked up a couple Delta force figures and the two tankers. I was hoping to find the Bravo Team modern armor reduced to customize..

I did purchase trees and other diorama stuff at American Sales for 50% off. Michaels has their Christmas village stuff for 60% off. Menards is 50% off. Trees and cobblestone roads and terrain pieces are good.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:58 pm

I've not seen any discounts on the military items at TRU or Target. These sections are also the most untouched after the holiday rush, meaning the items did not sell too well...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:05 am

I picked up the FOV Lee today. They also had the Stuart but after buying the new Star Wars AT-ST at WM, I was running low on funds. I like how the models are totally devoid of the craptastic Action Series black wash. You get a clean piece of armor to weather to your liking. I had the Lee and Stuart way back when they first came out but sold them when I needed money so I am glad to see them back on the shelves.

It would be great to have the Deuce and a Half and the Elefant show up on the shelves at TRU. They only had one of each so they seem to be selling. 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.