Assault Force at TRU

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Assault Force at TRU

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Unimax rebranding Bravo Team for TRU.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:46 pm

Saw these at my local TRU today as well. Same stuff that is at Target. There were some surprises, however. I found three new FOV 1:72 aircraft repaints, in the proper FOV packaging:

Corsair - Checkernose livery
Spitfire - D-Day livery
P-51D - Yeager's livery.

The Enthusiast versions of the P-51 and Spitfire are also out now at the e-tailers, so it was nice to save a little $$. While unweathered action grade, all three looked fantastic and I picked all three up :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Interesting finds Tman, it looks like Unimax's action series FOV is not dead as originally thought?
I just hit another TRU and the pegs are up for 1:32 and 1:72 FOV stock alongside the Assault Force stock, no products out yet through. Did you see any 1:32 or 1:72 vehicles? I spotted both the 1:32 Elefant and Deuce for $25.99. I think we may see the 1:72 Panther, Elefant, and Deuce available at TRU too alongside the recently released planes. Interestingly there is also peg space for 1:72 Assault Force aircraft, I think we may be getting the 1:72 Target Bravo Team F-15 and F/A-18 repackaged for TRU too.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:08 pm

No new 1:32 FOV vehicles other than the MLRSs & Paladins that have been there for ever. No new 1:72 armor either, just the new WWII aircraft repaints. The 1:32 jeeps, Dukw vehicles, 1:32 figures and 1:72 figures are on discount. I did see the new 1:72 Bravo Team jets, same as at Target 8)

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:51 pm

T-Man, so you're saying that your TRU's still have FOV 1:32? Ours had nothing last weekend. Nothing 1:32 at all. And no place that looked like it should have been. What sort of stuff do yours have, and which TRU's? Any Abrams? What sort of discounts on soldiers? I might have to make a drive...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Wow, your TRU still has Marders... :cry: Haven't seen any 1:32 here except for a few MLRS dust collectors. I'd love to see a Deuce on the shelf! I will have to investigate tomorrow. 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Ruger,

The Fresno TRU currently has the Assault Force items. When I was there on Saturday, they had the plastic 1:32 scale Bradleys, 1:48 scale Apaches and Blackhawks, the plastic 1:72 jets and the nice 1:72 diecast FOV WWII planes. No Abrams, Strykers, or the diecast 1:32 WWII vehicles. They also had the 1:18 scale special ops and paratrooper figures like at Target. No 1:18 vehicles. Clovis TRU had the tags out for the items today, but nothing yet. I'm surprised the Visalia TRU has not gotten them in. Usually, that store gets stuff in well before the Fresno/Clovis ones.

There are times I wish I was in So Cal, as you never have to drive all that far to get to a TRU and recon can be far more productive. Much greater saturation down there than the San Joaquin Valley where one has the relatively close Fresno & Clovis stores, then the Visalia one a little further afoot. The next closest stores are the ones in Modesto and Bakersfield - over 100 miles in either direction for me and too far for any sort of regular recon (though sometimes I hit the Bakersfield store when heading down south as well as a couple other I know of in the LA area).

I've seen various Bravo Team 1:32 vehicles at Fresno area Targets, though I couldn't tell you exactly what was where as I was namely hunting GI Joe. In the past couple weeks I've seen Strykers, Paladins and perhaps an Abrams or Bradley.

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

FoV/Assault Force

Post by binder001 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:01 am

First, I see some FoV 6X6 trucks in 1/32 on that shelf and some interesting looking prices on the shelf tags. Mistake? What are they getting for the GI trucks there? We don't have any in my AO and I'm not hot of spending $55 at an e-tailer for a truck that I plan to convert.

On the Assault Force - are these still diecast or have they gone to plastic? Has anybody seen the Assault Force Sherman? I would really like to have these in plastic versus diecast for conversion purposes. The 21C Sherman was plastic but the FoV has a much more accurate hull outline.

Thanks,

Gary

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:54 am

Think of the Assault Force items as being exactly what has been at Target so far this year in terms of the Bravo Team 1:18, 1:32, and 1:72 items.
They should not be confused with the regular Forces of Valor 1:32 and 1:72 items that are aparently also going to TRU.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Same old crap at TRU today. :roll:

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:30 pm

I went to a TRU today.... Nothing, nada, nichts... I'll keep searching. Sadly, I'm still searching for the RC tanks (Tiger) someone mentioned ages ago....
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:08 pm

binder001 wrote:First, I see some FoV 6X6 trucks in 1/32 on that shelf and some interesting looking prices on the shelf tags. Mistake? What are they getting for the GI trucks there? We don't have any in my AO and I'm not hot of spending $55 at an e-tailer for a truck that I plan to convert.

On the Assault Force - are these still diecast or have they gone to plastic? Has anybody seen the Assault Force Sherman? I would really like to have these in plastic versus diecast for conversion purposes. The 21C Sherman was plastic but the FoV has a much more accurate hull outline.

Thanks,

Gary
I don't think its a mistake, the Deuce and Elefant looks to be part of an early stock arrival for the revived FOV action series line for TRU, I didn't see them in the store last week. So it appears to be that FOV 1:32 and 1:72 is returning, but the TRUs in my AO has yet to receive the 1:72 vehicles, aircrafts, and battle extreme series stock, only these are in stock at the moment.

It looks like Unimax has abandoned the plastic conversion with the 1:32 Sherman and Hanomag. The Assault Force back packaging doesn't show either of them like the Bravo Team package showed, but instead replaced by the AAV, even their website doesn't list the Sherman and Hanomag either.
http://www.unimax.com.hk/product_inside ... &type=toys

The only Sherman available through, is the 1:18 version:

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:29 pm

I saw at a TRU similar add'l space for FOV. Just recently there was no FOV markings and now there's some product: 1/72 planes and vehicles, 1/32 figures, etc. They were all the same old stuff but it's encouraging none the less.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Anybody spotted the 1:72 vehicles yet? I'm hoping its the Deuce, Elefant, and Panther.
I checked my TRU today, the 1:72 vehicles and Battle Extreme series still aren't here yet. But the 1:32 soldiers sets, 1:72 aircraft were stocked finally. Looks like Unimax is using the pseudo-Enthusiast Edition boxes that we all saw last year briefly at Target and TRU for everything. Also snapped pics of the Assault Force 1:72 jets with the comparision shots I took previously at Target.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 pm

No signs of FOV 1/72 or1/32 diecast, but TRU here did stock Assault Force 1/ 18 figures, 2 1/18 LAV, 2 1/18 Sherman, 3 1/48 Longbow, 3 1/48 Blackhawk, and 1/32 Stryker and Abrams

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Today TRU had the 1:72 jets and the 1:72 diecast FOV WWII fighters. No diecast 1:32 or 1:72 armor or any 1:18 stuff.

jkinzel

Post by jkinzel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Check out Sears Canada website,they have the Stryker,Abrams,M109 SP gun,Bradley but no Elephant or GMC Truck.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:02 pm

Checked back the TRUs, it looks like the FOV 1:72 vehicles and battle extreme series didn't show up at all, the racks have all been removed. All the other TRUs have the new FOV 1:72 planes everywhere, some stores have the newly repacked 1:32 soldier sets, but very few have any 1:32 vehicles. This along with the 1:18 BBI stock looks more likely to be leftover stock that's being cleared out, whats puzzling is how the heck did the new FOV 1:72 planes got lumped in.. :?

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:03 pm

No 1:35 or 1:72 vehicles here. The crap plastic 1:72 jets are in abundance though. There is no tagged peg or empty space for 1:72 vehicles. :? :?

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:26 pm

I finally picked up all three new FOV WWII planes, some stores that have been depleted in the 1:72 planes have them reloaded again too.
I've checked most TRUs in SoCal and only over in Torrance they still have the 1:72 FOV vehicle pegs still up, but they have a green sticker dot with some numbers written on it on the price tag, I guess they might be the only ones still getting the stock?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:43 pm

OK, so I took another long look at the Bravo Team/Assault force 1:72 jets today and I'm having trouble convincing myself to get one, but I may have to afterall as I learned that the VFA-41 "Black Aces" F-18 is based at NAS Lemoore, which is near my hometown! I always like getting models of "local" aircraft :wink:

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:46 pm

Did another recon yesterday, the 1:72 FOV vehicles are out! :D Only thing out is the M4A1 Sherman (without mine roller) and a King Tiger repaint (it has a darker camo), they appear to be in a case of six, forgot to deploy my camera on my trip. Did anybody spot these in stores yets? any other vehicles?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:14 pm

I found the "new" Forces of Valor 1:72 vehicle repaints. They are action grade versions of the Sherman, Tiger I, and King Tiger. All have been out in Enthusiast grade for some time.