NEW! Unimax's FOV Macho Machines & Skyward X

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

NEW! Unimax's FOV Macho Machines & Skyward X

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:43 pm

I hit Target and found these new vehicles and aircraft made by Unimax. These toys were not placed together in the same aisle with Unimax's Bravo Team and Fearless Forces, they were in the other toy section with all the race cars, tech decks and such. Its a very odd place to put them, I don't think a lot of people can find it easily.
These vehicles and aircraft are made of diecast and appear to be in 1:144 scale. Their are two lines, one for vehicles as "Macho Machines" and another one for aircrafts as "Skyward X". They are both priced at $3.99 each, I got one Abrams and one F-16 to sample them.
I'm quite excited about this line, I use to collect Galoob's MircoMachines military line, and to see Unimax venture into 1:144 scale has me excited!

Thanks to Fritzkrieg's tip in the 1:18 board: viewtopic.php?t=17688&start=40

Btw, for those that don't check the 1:18 board, we now have a Unimax rep, Mr. Len Gatdula, posting as toysoldier1. Shoot some questions and comments to him on FOV or Bravo Team in the thread link above, or just e-mail him.
toysoldier1 wrote: We want to hear from you---and not just here!

Input from our fans is interesting and important to us---
and we like to be able to consider the thoughts of collectors
as we plan future development.

While there are many factors that influence the decisions to add
particular items to our lines, please voice your opinions and give us the run down on why you believe certain vehicles and figures should make their way into the ranks of FORCES OF VALOR or BRAVO TEAM.

Email us at [email protected]

Thank You!

L. Gatdula
Unimax Toys

Pictures:

Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Stug45 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Very cool, picking them up tomorrow.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:06 pm

I saw these yesterday. I'll pass.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Took the Abrams and F-16 out of the package.
The Abrams' main gun does not elevate, its static. The amount of Die-Cast on the Abrams is very light, it's located only at the bottom plate. The display stand for the Abrams and the Abrams itself doesn't have any pegs for the two to be attached too.
I compared with Galoob's Mirco Machines' Abrams and the Unimax Abrams is slightly larger, but I'm not sure if Galoob's Abrams is to scale through. I also compared with Kaiyodo's 1:144 scale Panzertales models, the T-34, Elefant, and the Stridsvagn 103.

The F-16 is mostly die-cast, with only the bottom being plastic and the tail fin made of rubbery plastic. The two rear wheels of the F-16 rolls, but the front wheel doesn't.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Saw the Macho Machines today as well. I'm not too impressed with the tanks, but the planes are kind of neat - sort of like those Maisto, etc. ones. They only had the 188 FW Arkansas ANG version of the F-16, but what I really want is the other one pictured on the cardback. That represents a plane from the 144 FW (albeit slightly inaccurate markings) which is based in my town 8)

So, until I find that one, I'll pass on these Unimax offerings as well :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Times sure have changed. I remember buying nicely detailed Johnny Lightnings and Premier Matchbox Military that were dominantly diecast for the same price or less.

I saw these in Target. They even had the 1:72 Blackhawk with painted side windows. A far cry from the diecast ones they released just a little while back.
They also had the little diorama packs that were craptastic.

I'll be passing on these except maybe the Stryker. The wheels actually turn on that one I suspect.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Macho Machines and Skyward X on clearance at $2.78, YMMV.

Dauntless wrote:I'll be passing on these except maybe the Stryker. The wheels actually turn on that one I suspect.
They don't turn. :(

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:30 pm

I picked up a bunch of the Shermans today as they are the same scale as the new Axis And Allies game pieces.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:51 am

thanks for the update
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:05 pm

I saw these as well yesterday whil out with my girlfriend. I was considering picking up the two 1/72 helis but after close inspection I wasn't pleased. But, I love the 1/72 jets. They work well for just testing the waters of 1/72. I hope they produce more as I plan to buy them.

I wish that Unimax had stayed with the FOV Action line. It was my favorite toy line besides 21st. But now, seeing as both are gone, I'm SOL.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Volksdeutsch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Volksdeutsch » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:03 pm

i think these look like crap!
ill pass

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:14 pm

AlloySkull wrote: I wish that Unimax had stayed with the FOV Action line. It was my favorite toy line besides 21st. But now, seeing as both are gone, I'm SOL.
You and me both. Action series was the best bet for me, and with it's demise, my purchases have fallen off quite sharply.

But at least I have more money...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:51 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:thanks for the update
Your Welcome, I checked an additional four Targets and none of them are on clearance, very unusual.

AlloySkull wrote:I saw these as well yesterday whil out with my girlfriend. I was considering picking up the two 1/72 helis but after close inspection I wasn't pleased. But, I love the 1/72 jets. They work well for just testing the waters of 1/72. I hope they produce more as I plan to buy them.

I wish that Unimax had stayed with the FOV Action line. It was my favorite toy line besides 21st. But now, seeing as both are gone, I'm SOL.
I Agree. IMO, I feel the 1:72 jets kinda made up for the lackluster effort of the Bravo Team rendition of the 1:72 vehicles and Battle Extreme Series. I normally don't bother buying aircraft that are pilotless and ordinanceless, but I will make an exception for these, I just don't know which brand should I get... Bravo Team or Assault Force?
Another thought came up while thinking over the jets, I don't know how the process goes, but looking at how Unimax has the licenses and molds for the F-117, F-15, F-16, F/A-18, and F-22, it did be pretty easy for them to scale them up and release them in 1:72, 1:32, or even 1:18, which I did like to see Unimax do.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:11 pm

Dauntless wrote:Times sure have changed. I remember buying nicely detailed Johnny Lightnings and Premier Matchbox Military that were dominantly diecast for the same price or less.

I saw these in Target. They even had the 1:72 Blackhawk with painted side windows. A far cry from the diecast ones they released just a little while back.
They also had the little diorama packs that were craptastic.

I'll be passing on these except maybe the Stryker. The wheels actually turn on that one I suspect.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:19 pm

They are offering items of similar "quality" in their 1/72 line, a sign of the times perhaps, but it's pretty disappointing to see the "direction" that FOV/Unimax is headed with this stuff, I never collected 1/144 and even though their 1/72 line was never in the same league as Dragon etc. it was quite good for the price IMO, but no more, the 1/72 stuff I saw (Stryker, Abrams et al.) was absolute garbage, and barely qualify as toys, never mind collectibles.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:26 pm

ostketten wrote:They are offering items of similar "quality" in their 1/72 line, a sign of the times perhaps, but it's pretty disappointing to see the "direction" that FOV/Unimax is headed with this stuff, I never collected 1/144 and even though their 1/72 line was never in the same league as Dragon etc. it was quite good for the price IMO, but no more, the 1/72 stuff I saw (Stryker, Abrams et al.) was absolute garbage, and barely qualify as toys, never mind collectibles.
Quoted For Truth. :cry: :cry: :cry:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:52 pm

While we may not like it, from what I've seen in Target & TRU the Bravo Team/Assault Force appear to do well with just the general public instead of just military collectors. For one, the price point is a lot more nicer then any Transformers, Star Wars, G.I. Joe toys in store that are all each $9 and up, and Unimax's Fearless Forces line appear to be another alternative to the expensive toys that are dominating the shelves nowadays. I've noticed and compared the Bravo Team 1:72 selection and they are somewhat moving from the shelf weekly unlike compare to another toy line like G.I. Joe ROC. The FOV line is still here it's just that it is more collector oriented while Bravo Team and Assault Force is just for the mass retail, IMO probably as a way to get a new generation of military toy collectors.

On topic, I scouted most Targets throughout SoCal (except OC) and only one place had the Macho Machines & Skyward X on clearance, really weird, I guess I got really lucky? Went back and picked up another set. Did anybody had any clearance in their area?

On another note, I was at the Gardena Target last weekend and saw for the first time someone had repacked and returned a Bravo Team 1:32 vehicle, instead of a tank, it was replaced with some toy helicopter, looked like a Kiowa, the person didn't bother taping the box or tie the helicopter more tightly. I wish I had my camera with me on that day to catch this. :lol: :roll: