FOV in Plastic?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

FOV in Plastic?

Post by DocTodd » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Does anyone know why the new FOV 1/72 items are all plastic. Is it price point or the new toy safety laws, or something else. Are they going to make items like the Stryker in die cast too?
Thanks,
Todd

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:15 am

It most likely concerns the price point and target market. The new plastic Unimax vehicles are part of their Bravo Team lineup which is intended to target younger audiences and be available at a cheaper price point. That does not obviously go over well for us collectors which like pieces with more detail and preferably diecast construction. At least Unimax is still continuing their regular FOV line with the small retailers and at limited mass retail. Those vehicles still have diecast in their construction. The new wave of FOV 1:72 WWII vehicles are some of their best yet, in my opinion 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am

tmanthegreat wrote:IThe new wave of FOV 1:72 WWII vehicles are some of their best yet, in my opinion 8)
I agree, the new 1:72 diecast models are very nice.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Todd, there a trick that I use for my 1/72nd scale war gaming models that makes them "feel" more substantial. Take the top off and glue weights on the inside of the hull. This gives the tanks a heavy feel although they are still delicate.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks Mark