new 1/72 FOV has shipped from Cali!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

new 1/72 FOV has shipped from Cali!

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:55 am

4 new 1/72 vehicles are on there way to retailers

85055 u.s. 2.5ton cargo truck
85326 panther
85252 elefant
85518 T-34 with soldiers set
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:56 am

Awesome! All items are a must for me, as I really like the FOV 1:72 armor. I saw on Badcats site that there are some new figure sets as well that have buildings and other structures, though include the same figures that have been out for a while now.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Cool, I'm down for all 4. I also like the 1:72 FOV armor, the price is right and the detail is pretty good. 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:57 pm

I was in a Target today and came across new 1/72 scale Bravo Team offerings.
There are five vehicles packaged individually, and they are plastic. Somewhat toy like but OK. They are an Abrams M-1 in Desert tan, a Bradley in desert tan, an M113 Personnel Carrier in tan and then two new vehicles in this size. The new ones are both in olive drab. They are an M1126 Stryker and a LAV-25. The LAV has a woodland camo overlaid over the olive drab. There was also a new selection in the 1/72 longer boxes which featured in one a helicopter and then in the others vehicles with soldiers and walls etc. They were the same vehicles as in the individual packages. I picked up the Stryker and the LAV but passed on the rest as all were noticeably inferior to the previous die cast versions of the same vehicles. I did not look closely at the figures but figured they were the same as in the previous sets. I will try to post pics later but it's my wedding anniversary and this will be a busy weekend and I cannot promise anything soon. :)
Geoff

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:08 am

I found the new 1:72 offerings as well. Lots of interesting stuff and lots of junk.

The Stryker and LAV were the neatest of the armored vehicles. They came boxed as single vehicles and as part of a larger set with figures and diorama accessories. Then there were the M1 and M113 as single vehicles and the M113 also came in a diorama set. The M113 and M1 look TERRIBLE!! Absolutely cheap when compared to their excellent FOV action and enthusiast grade vehicles. No figure, rubbery oversized, guns, no weathering and not much detail. The Stryker and LAV are little better, but at least are original vehicles for the most part. Still, if you want a very nice 1:72 Stryker, get the MRC version.

Then there was another surprise: 1:72 modern jets! I found an F-15C in an agressor scheme and an F-18D in a VFA-14 scheme. The paint work was nice on the planes, but they have little cockpit detail (a crude seat, no figure and no instruments). The landing gear also appear to be fixed and the planes have NO ORDINANCE - not even a sidewinder missle. They also had two 1:72 helicopters, the Apache and Blackhawk - simply cheapened plastic versions of the FOV helos that Target was selling just a couple months ago.

So, there are interesting items in the new Bravo Team 1:72 lineup, but don't expect anything fully accurate or perfect. I like the two vehicle sets that I got, took my time considering the aircraft, but left them and the rest of the items behind.

Volksdeutsch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Volksdeutsch » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Not bad Tman, even through the new ROC stocks don't reach your area fast enough, as least they loaded the new Unimax stock pretty early for you. I'm still waiting for several Targets to finish their toy aisle resets. At the moment only the new 1:72 vehicles are out.
Out of the new 1:72s, I'm very curious about the jets, this was unexpected, but very interesting. I wonder if Unimax is going to crank out their F-14 and turn it into plastic too...

Anyways took some pictures of the 1:72 vehicles... these aren't the same ones that Unimax made for their FOV line, these are actually kinda new. The Bradley is an M3A3 model, not an A2 (Inaccurate label name too). Ditto with the M113, its an upgraded A3 version. Only the Abrams is a drop-off, it reverted from an M1A2 back to an M1A1 model. The desert camo for these guys don't look very appealing, only the LAV-25 and Stryker look a bit better in woodland camo.

Back of the boxes:
Hmm, besides the Abrams & Stryker, the LAV-25 pic looks exactly like the 1:18 pic at Unimax's website..
http://www.unimax.com.hk/product_detail ... s&id=71012

Bought the Stryker only, here are my pics:

Comparision shots with both my Unimax's FOV M1A2 and MRC Easy Model Russian BTR-80:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:03 pm

You will need to get up pictures of the 1:72 sets, the helos and the jets. I am so disappointed with the jets as they could have been a lot better.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:15 pm

i think the MRC stryker looks much better and more affordable
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:59 pm

I just picked up the Stryker, M113 and Lav-25 from my local Target for $4.99 each. They are very simplified and of low quality compared to just about any other prebuilt 1/72 brand out there. The Stryker and Lav-25 have not been released in 1/72 scale by Unimax before, but the M113 has.

To me it looks as if they took their previously released M113, dumbed it down a bit and you now have what is seen in the above picture. The pictures on the back of the box are in no way anything close to what you actually get (though it does state something like that on the box). Less detail, lower quality, that about sums it up. Though what can you expect for $4.99.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:12 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:i think the MRC stryker looks much better and more affordable
I agree. That is why I took my Stryker set back today. I have a superior MRC example and I have the 1:72 modern troops, so I'm set there. I kept the LAV set because I do not have one of those in 1:72 and also because the little bombed-out building is neat.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:21 pm

I'm not an aircraft enthusiast, but these guys looked pretty good. Packaging too, I'm glad Unimax is using blue color like they did for the 1:18 S.O.F. Series: Combat Elite figs. If it wasn't for the ROC sale this weekend I would've bought one. Still waiting for the Battle Extreme Series sets.

pics:

F/A-18F Super Hornet:

F-15C Eagle:

jkinzel

Post by jkinzel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:44 pm

:evil: NO PILOT,NO BUY

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:I am so disappointed with the jets as they could have been a lot better.
I saw the jets today and I agree with Tman 100%. I thought about getting the 50th anniversary Diamondbacks Super Hornet but I just couldn't convince myself and ended up putting it back on the shelf. Cool subject matter, especially the Diamondbacks, poor quality.

The armor, even at $4 a pop just wasn't worth it. Huge machine guns, clunky simplified construction. No thanks. :evil:

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Saw the new Battle Extreme packs, the 1:72 figures are the same as the 4th ID set we got in the FOV version, these guys are less dark looking through, but very blah with no one to fight. I took a quick glance of the helicopters, the Apache looks pretty much the same in plastic form, only the Black Hawk wasn't good, with the silver painted windows.
Battle Extreme pics:

Also took pictures of all 4 jets with flash instead:

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:42 pm

First off, thanks for posting pics. I will say, the armor looks like something you'd pluck from a gum vending maching after depositing a quarter in it.
The aircraft aren't much better, but fixed gear and no munitions aside, the detail is a little better, if that means anything?

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 am

WGP Klaus wrote:First off, thanks for posting pics. I will say, the armor looks like something you'd pluck from a gum vending maching after depositing a quarter in it.
The aircraft aren't much better, but fixed gear and no munitions aside, the detail is a little better, if that means anything?
Couldn't have said it better myself. Looks like little candy pieces should shoot out of the back of the Stryker and M113 when you press the MG down. :roll:

When I was a little kid in the late 70's/early 80's they would sell these really cheap plastic toy sets on cardboard and plastic bubble package for like $1.00 by the register at the dime store or grocery store.There was a fire truck set, a cop set, an army set, etc. Basically the type of toys you destroyed within a few days or lost in the backyard and your mom didn't care because they were so cheap. That is what this new FOV stuff reminds me off except they cost $4 each.

claudiu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: new 1/72 FOV has shipped from Cali!

Post by claudiu » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:25 am

hi! which dimensions are the new items from unimax-forces of valor? i'm interested because I'm collecting diecast from maisto (i think the scale is 1:100) - abrams tank, humvee as example, johnny lightning, matchbox, siku, corgi, marklin (4mfor series) and i really want to know the dimensions. I mentioned all above in order to see which diecast I collect. I cannot guess from the pictures. Can you help me?

claudiu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: new 1/72 FOV has shipped from Cali!

Post by claudiu » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:30 am

I have a Leopard tank from FOV, 1:72 but compared with the diecast that I usually collect (I mentioned above), it is too big. There are the same dimensions with the Leopard?