Well, ALRIGHT!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
laughinggravy2
Corporal
Corporal

Well, ALRIGHT!

Post by laughinggravy2 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:36 am

WooHoo! I like it. Big fat kudos to P51. You really stepped-up. Everything looks great, buddy.

Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

Hey LG!

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:39 pm

Hey LG,

Where have you been for such a long time! You used to be such a regular at GP's and then you vanished for awhile before coming back at Comic con and then again now. It is great to have you back though buddy!

And yes, since you have been gone, I did some growing up and maturing. Believe it or not. I think it is the lady that is doing that to me. Oh well, I suppose it is better that way, more people like you when you grow up and you act your age, etc.

Anyway, very good to have you back buddy. Your always a comic on the board so I look forward to having you back!

Kudos to P-51 also! Very nice board!

Corey

laughinggravy2
Corporal
Corporal

Post by laughinggravy2 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:08 pm

Well, bud, I actually got into 1/6 pretty heavily. Still loving it.

Still have the XD, and won't ever give up my 1/32, but I seemed to hit the proverbial wall in those hobbies when so many were mainly concerned with where they could get certain items or had nothing to do but complain. I think it was mostly me, but coming to the board got me depressed. Gone were the days when we knew who's kid was in the pony-league playoffs, or who's kid was going in to boot camp next month. Or that somebody had just scratchbuilt themselves some waycool toy.

I was an oldtimer in the 1/32 hobby, and remember when there was close to nothing. Everybody would build their own stuff and be happy as clams. Now, in the boomtime of availability, I saw newer collectors complaining about the most mundane details and it just soured me. Saw people complaining about toys not being models. Unfortunately, it was my passion for the scale that suffered. Rather than just do my thing, I took every comment and dwelt on it. Looking at my collection only made me depressed.

I'm past that now. Got all the new 21st vehicles and have them out prominently. Still have 1/6 at the top of my current list, but continue to collect the small stuff in anticipation of a complete re-emergence on my part. Gotta keep things fresh, and variety is the way.

Glad to hear you're happy with yourself. Everything else just falls into place when you can find that kind of peace.

victory
Sergeant
Sergeant

Getting a little of topic to this forum (scale wise)

Post by victory » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:05 pm

LG my little girl started gymnastics recently. Sorry couldn't resist. I have seen you hanging around the Sixth Division. Although 1/32 is still tops on my list, I do feel myself getting slowly caught up in 1/6 too. I have collected some 1/6 figures in the past but with my recent purchase of a 21st 1/6 Stuart and periodic visits to the Sixth Division, I too have been developing a interest in 1/6. I just bought the FOA Tiger as well and still in the building process with that one. Just the massive size of the scale makes it fun.

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

great job P51

Post by wise690 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:40 pm

I got my username to stay looged in. Hello everyone, good to have a new forum. Thanks a lot P51!! Great job!! :D :D :D :D
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:44 pm

Woohoo!!!! Good to be here............ :D
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

AgentDolu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by AgentDolu » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:14 pm

Great job. Looks like the show will go on... :D

Coreyeagle48

LG

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:27 pm

Hey LG,

Yeah I know what you mean about that. I rarely posted either but still visited. I think as collectors, people take things they have for granted, like the fact they can have so many cool toys to play with. Some of the stuff coming out today I would have loved as a kid.

We should be thankful we have such an assortment of items to buy, collect and choose from. I think there is so much stuff out there and enough to fit everyone's little interest and hobbies. I for one was very happy to find that last year, Lemax made a set of old fashioned firefighters and a horse drawn fire engine. I loved that as it fit in my budget too. But it seems the limits are endless in the world of XD today. Such a fun time to be in this hobby.

That being said, I have really scaled back things. Turns out that growing up and getting set up in a house, new cars, etc really costs a lot of money. But it is money well spent, really. I haven't bought any of the new planes just to save money right now and devote time to the R/C stuff, as that is my primary toy. But I do have a desire to get into it more seriously again, in the future. For right now, I'm doing more watching then collecting, but that is ok. You guys keep me involved.

Corey

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Well Done

Post by lightning2000 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:34 am

Hello All,
Great job with the new forum P51 and best of luck to everyone in their new digs! :D

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:18 pm

LG & Victory:
You guys are not alone, I am also in 1:6 in a big way. I collected all the 1:18 vehicles and most of the 1:32 and appreciate them and will continue with them but I drifted into 1:6 and find the stuff fastinating.

You are correct 1,000 percent about some of these sites, complaining, demanding certain models. Some guys get carried away with "I want, I want".

Anyway, knock yourself out collecting whatever you want, life is to short and then poof, you're history and you become a photo on a mantle, that is IF your family remembers you kindly with good stories.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Thanks a bunch!!

Post by cruizin2000 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:46 am

Thanks for keeping us going, P51.
Great forum site!!

C2000

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:07 am

So this is the first 1/32 topic... wow! Lots more since then.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:31 am

I got started with the 21C 1/6 stuff and then moved into smaller scales when 21C introduced those lines. Love it all! Now off to buy lottery tickets :wink:

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:05 pm

lol good luck!
- General Patton

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:34 pm

:shock: :? :shock:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

rvlyssup
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rvlyssup » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:59 pm

Col.Pickle wrote:So this is the first 1/32 topic... wow! Lots more since then.
Those were the good ole days...the OG site started with 1/6th stuff...used to post alot back then...