I collect Dinosaurs too. What do you collect?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ltcbj
Officer - Brigadier General

I collect Dinosaurs too. What do you collect?

Post by ltcbj » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

I collect Dinosaur models/toys as well as "war" toys.
Marx, Papo, Safari, Invicta, Carnegie, Jurassic Park.... I have since I was very little.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:25 pm

As A VW bus fan, I collect HO scale versions by the German company Brekina:

They are painted to represent actual companies that were in business in Europe and elsewhere during the 50's - 70's, and the company also makes them to order if you purchase 500+ (and there are no licensing issues, which is why I still don't have one done as a Pez candy delivery van from 1959). I have about 120 of the over 15000 variations now available.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Are they metal or plastic? They are adorable.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Aside from my 1/144, 1/72, 1/48, 1/32, and 1/18 aircraft collections, I now collect the Art Asylum Star Trek Ships, thanks to my man Rowsdower... :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm a costumer...so I make and collect Movie props. If anyone wants to trade 1/18 aircraft and armor for Star Wars props I can hook you up :wink: I've got around a dozen costumes including a few screen used and me and a bud make much of the armor for the 501st.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:59 pm

Just about quit now, but I have a very large collection (several hundred) of 1/18 cars.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:11 pm

In addition to collecting 1/32 toy soldiers, vehicles, planes and buildings, I collect militaria (helmets, bayonets, hand grenades, canteens etc.) and Coca-Cola stuff.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:37 pm

IRT ltcbj

They're plastic.

Also collect VW's in the Johnny Lightnin'/Jada/Hot Wheel/etc versions:

as well as vintage SF/Fantasy/Horror paperbacks from WWII-present:

Check out this war-time bestseller:

You may have spotted random acts of Nerdness scattered throughout the pics, which I collect to a lesser degree, such as 1000's of Magic the Gathering (and related crap) cards. At least its been growing over the last 30 years, and not the last five or I'd have no house to put all this nonsense in.

sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:00 pm

I also collect Macross Mecha

http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/uu32 ... 0_0500.jpg

Question for Itcbj, How big are the safari dinos compared to papo? I have only seen the papo in person but I think the safari look better, your opinion?
Where is my Skyraider?

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:38 am

I collect Macross stuff as well. Though only the ones I like as it would be to expensive to be a completest.

I also collect The Marvel Classic Figurine Collection. There about 3"-4" lead painted figs from England covering 200 or so of the top comic book guys.

And lastly I collect and paint Flames of War miniatures (from tabletop gaming) and Star Wars models from Fine Molds.

-H

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:04 am

sluff wrote:I also collect Macross Mecha

http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/uu32 ... 0_0500.jpg

Question for Itcbj, How big are the safari dinos compared to papo? I have only seen the papo in person but I think the safari look better, your opinion?
The PAPO are ~1/40 scale. In my opinion they have the Safari totally beat to hexx and back in terms of looks. The Safari are, generally, smaller than the Papo in size. They lack the shaded colors and skin texture that Papo figures have. And I am talking the newest Safari figures (such as thye T-Rex and Allosaurus- excellent in their own right (although the "T"'s legs seem a tad heavy and the "Al"'s tail is overlong) but on the toyish side for my taste. Not that I don't have several of each, including the quite toy-like older series- which I just happen to like a lot. But none of them compares with PAPO (IMO).

I must say that I am only talking the Papo T-Rex, Raptor, Spinosaurus, Allosaurus and Parasaurolophus because those are the only ones I have.

I also really like the Battat T-Tops and Styracosaur which are ~1/35(?).

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:18 am

I ADD:

Safari makes aq large (13" nose to tail tip) leaping Siberian Tiger (in both orange and white) which is the best Tiger and by far the best Safari figure ever. The orange even nicer than the white....

Papo also makes some excellent Tigers (and Tigress). Smaller (~7.5") but extraordinarily detailed and gorgeous.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:42 am

Since I clearly don't have a life here are Papo Allosaur & Spinosaur. The Allo is ~11" long and the Spino is ~15".

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:04 pm

BMW stuff, esp stuff for the 30-40's motorsports era, 60-70's motorsports, ie 320is, e30 M3s(4cyl 88-91 model), and the e36 and e46(euro model) hatchbacks, like my 95 Club Sport.

Pre-1950 Firearms
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks Itcbj, I appreciate the info, I saw the papos the other day and was impressed, I looked them up on amazon and the others showed up in the search but I don't know if I want to start collecting another hobby :lol:
Where is my Skyraider?

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:04 pm

If you like dinosaurs you can't really go wrong in picking up a PAPO Allosaur or two (they were "The Wolves of the Jurassic", you know) and starting your own pack. The Spinosaur was a friendly little "I'd rather be fishing" piscavore. The Raptors are really nice too, by the way.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm

When I was 16 (1981) I bought a 68 Chevy Nova SS. I paid about $300 for it. I no longer have the car but it was my first car so I have very fond memories of it. A few years ago the nostalgia bug bit me and I started collecting diecast Novas. I don't have a huge collection but I aquired enough to sate my appetite for diecast cars so I don't collect them anymore. I have a few 1/18 ones, and a whole slew of 1/43 and 1/64 ones. More recently I decided to start collecting 1/6 figures. I rarely buy boxed figures as I prefer the customizing aspect of bashing figures. That accounts for most of my collecting now.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:54 pm

ah only in America, where a teenager can buy a car for 100 bucks, then have to pay 1000 dollars to insure it. :wink:
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:43 pm

Panzer_M wrote:ah only in America, where a teenager can buy a car for 100 bucks, then have to pay 1000 dollars to insure it. :wink:
It wasn't quite so bad back then on an older car. My parents carried the policy with me listed as a driver. Plus all that was needed was liability insurance on a car of that age. The real insurance shocker came about 5 years later when I bought a new truck and had to carry full coverage insurance in my own name. That ran me around $2K a year until I turned 25.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:32 pm

HO model trains. Mostly diesel from 40's to 80's. Problem is I have no room at present for a big layout so I built shelves and display a loco and 5-6 cars on each. Plus I have a "yard" of sorts. Just bought a new beauty today.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:52 pm

ltcbj wrote:If you like dinosaurs you can't really go wrong in picking up a PAPO Allosaur or two (they were "The Wolves of the Jurassic", you know) and starting your own pack. The Spinosaur was a friendly little "I'd rather be fishing" piscavore. The Raptors are really nice too, by the way.
Hey Ross tell Rachel I said Hi. :lol: :lol:

I collect cats I have 4 so far 2 gingers 1 gray tabby and one mix white/ginger.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:42 am

Those Papo dinosaurs sure are detailed nicely.
I am tempted.

Other than the military toys I collect, right now I've been buying smaller stuff like Konami models, Titaniums etc. things you can put on a shelf in abundance. Some 1:72 planes, tanks.

I have a bunch of the little Jurassic Park diecast dinos on cards, and all the Micromachines National Geographic dinosaur 3 pks on cards you could buy at Target years ago.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 am

I love cats. Have been collected by many over the years. They always throw me over for heaven in the end.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 pm

I'm a One Piece fan and I collect various One Piece figure lines made by Bandai. I don't collect the SD series through, they are a pain to collect since they are all mystery boxes. I'm also starting to collect Mega House's One Piece Portrait of Pirates figure series.
Here's a few pics of my One Piece figure collection:

Bandai Styling Series:

Bandai Wii Unlimited Cruise:

Dream Pirate Ship Thousand Sunny:

Portrait Of Pirates:

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:30 pm

Who's the guy with the Ricard Simmons fro?