Corgi 1/72 armor how are they?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
vaindioux
Corporal
Corporal

Corgi 1/72 armor how are they?

Post by vaindioux » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi

I didn't know that Corgi made 1/72 diecast armor subject, I just stumbled on a couple of them online.
How are they? I don't trust online pictures that much. Nothing like holding the model in your hand.
I have some Dragons and easy models 1/72 and like them both. On the other end I stir clear from the forces of valor I saw at target and K-mart, they are horrible.

Tanks...I meant thanks! ;-)

Patrick

DomiUK
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DomiUK » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:07 pm

They do not actually do a 1/72 scale as such they do have a line that some of the pieces are very close to 1/72 in particulaty the Halftrack and greyhound but some go as low as about 1/80 and generally there all a bit so so.

The Halftrack is ok but the FOV is much better and Hobbymaster have a greyhound due any day that I am certain will be loads better.

So basically my advice is stay away.

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:08 pm

They are very simple, with one piece resin tracks. If you don't like FOV, you'll probably hate these. I think they were done originally under the "showcase" line. Be careful, only a few from that line were actually 1:72. I think the M3 halftrack, M3 Stuart, M8 Greyhound, and Scimitar are the only 1:72 vehicles. The T-34s and Shermans are closer to 1:76. The Tigers and Abrams maybe 1:87. I like the ones I have becasue they were very cheap - $4 each, but they are more like hotwheels then Dragon.

vaindioux
Corporal
Corporal

Thank-you

Post by vaindioux » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi

The 2 posts are very helpfull. I think I will stir clear unless I get a deal at $4 like you did.

Thanks again

Patrick

ltcbj
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ltcbj » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:50 am

Yes. The Tiger, Panther, Bradley are more like 1/87. The Abrams maybe 1/100.

The casting on these is also very simple, the main armament(s) either plastic or rubber, the tracks are one piece with the running gear and they have little wheels. On the other hand the turrets and hulls are die-cast metal and they are quite rugged.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!