FOV Motorcycle

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Winky
Corporal
Corporal

FOV Motorcycle

Post by Winky » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:08 pm

Anybody besides me have difficulty with broken parts on the FOV German m'cycle? Three out of four I purchased needed repair, two of them extensively.

Hey, this is my first post on the new board! A virgin no more!!

Dick

FETCO
Company Rep - Fetco Toy Soldiers
Company Rep - Fetco Toy Soldiers

FOV Zundapp

Post by FETCO » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:38 pm

Winky, I checked a box full and could see no damage I did not take all of them out was the damage hidden? I did snap off the shovel bracket on the sidecar and the extra hitch on the front of the trailer was not glued very well on the one I did put together. Getting the drivers toe down on the right side took some bending. Tom C (fetco)
www.fetcotoysoldiers.com

MARKSMAN1
Corporal
Corporal

motorcycle...

Post by MARKSMAN1 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:53 pm

I have not opened mine yet, but I did get the new kubel wagon with a broken front wheel, which I repaired, but while trying to get the driver in, I broke both headlights, go figure, and the top does not fit on evenly, I was very disappointed.

Winky
Corporal
Corporal

FOV M'cycle

Post by Winky » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:13 pm

Two of the machine gun brackets quickly split when I attempted to insert the machine gun; the metal braces holding the m'cycle to the side car were partially broken on one and completely broken on another FOV model; and, yes, getting the driver's right boot down in position was a chore (I finally used needle nosed pliars with success). Once you get it right, of course, it's a beautiful model.

Dick