K-Line 1/32 Abrams and Patriot missile trucks

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General

K-Line 1/32 Abrams and Patriot missile trucks

Post by ketelone » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:25 am

K-Line makes model railroad products. I think their product is geared for O gauge. After or during Operation Desert Storm K-Line introduced a lot of trains in desert camo. They also came out with a 1/32 Abrams and a Patriot vehicle to ride on their train cars. (The vehicles were reaslly out of scale for the train gauge but.....) Some time after the Desert Storm excitement died down, these vehicles were being reduced by the hobby shops. When these products first came out they were going for as high as $44.00. I picked up a few for around $10-$15. They are part diecast. I think they might actually be New Ray. Now I can still occasionally find them at local model RR shows for dirt.
They're on par with New Ray or even Bravo Team, but for $8-$10 a piece to customize for background pieces..... not bad.
In reality I find some interesting stuff at these RR shows.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks for the heads up on those. I visit at least 2 or 3 railroad shows a year, depending on schedules and such. Here in Houston we have a really huge one downtown at the George R. Brown convention center, and man is it amazing. You really can find all kinds of stuff at these shows. I've been going since I was very young, and I've always loved trains.

I have a decent collection of HO cars, but only a couple of engines. I usually browse the used booths as you can find some amazing bargains on lightly used pieces. I mainly collect oddball freight cars, like those that are from foreign RRs, or just stuff that catches my eye. There's one car I haven't gotten yet, and I've wanted one since I was a kid: A crane car. I always see them, and they run pretty high (for me, I'm cheap) and the cheap ones don't appeal to me.

Same thing with coaches. I love coaches, but the sets cost quite a bit. I did score a green Santa Fe set for nothing on eBay a long time ago, nice stuff. My engines are junk, probably don't run, but I have no room for a track anyway. :(
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:17 pm

I've always loved trains but I go now because I always find something for my 1/32 military. I've purchased 1/32 Hueys, the K-Line vehicles, BBI Dauntless, buildings, trees, etc. It's hit or miss.... The last show I attended I picked up an Orthodox style church, G scale, which will look great in an Eastern European village or diorama. Even though it's G scale it appears to be a 'smaller' G because it looks great with my 1/32 figures and vehicles.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."