King Tiger!!!!!!!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Sat May 28, 2005 7:57 am

Who'dve ever thought you could purchase a JagdTiger at Wal-Mart?
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun May 29, 2005 8:00 pm

The ebay auctions for the Jagdtiger and King Tiger pictured above has gone to $51 and there's a little less than a day left! I know thats not outrageous as far as some 21c products have gone for on Ebay, but still, considering that these can be found by the lucky individual for $15 at Wal Mart and will arrive at the small retailers here in a couple months for about $20, thats paying alot.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:46 pm

The EBAY auctions for the King Tiger and Jagdtiger have fallen tremendously. I think buyers wised up and decided to wait for their local WM's to get them in rather than pay the outrageous prices we've seen.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm

Speaking for the King Tiger, it is a nice tank and has all the usual 21c detail features including the removable turret. As usual, only the upper hull piece is diecast, with the rest of the tank plastic. (I was actually surprised at how light the tank really was!) Given all that, this tank is well worth the $16 or so that it sells for at Wal Mart, and will be worth the $20 or so that it will sell for at the small retailers, but I feel really sorry for the schmuck that paid over $50 for one!

It looks great in a diorama too :)

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:45 pm

Just opened up a New Walmart in Rockaway NJ. So I went to see if maybe they had somthing different then the other Walmarts in my area. At 1st I was disapointed all they had was 1/18th 190s. Then I looked and saw on the bottom shelf the King tiger and Jadgtiger so I grabed both. Finally somthinf other then 190s and shermans. :lol:

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:56 am

immeww2 wrote:The EBAY auctions for the King Tiger and Jagdtiger have fallen tremendously. I think buyers wised up and decided to wait for their local WM's to get them in rather than pay the outrageous prices we've seen.
If you follow ebay in regards to collectibles, you'll notice that when they first hit the streets, scalpers gobble them up and shove 'em on evilbay to make a quick buck, and in most cases they do just that. But when you notice the auctions for the same item(s) aren't reaching reserves set, it's usually because the item(s) are more readily availble.

I use ebay to gauge when FOV and 21st Items are going to hit local shelves. When I notice 10 or more auctions(from different individuals, not necessarily in my AO) for a specific item, I usually am able to find that same item on the shelves of my local TRU/WM's. I did notice that the exception seem to be the FOV Amtrack, Paladin and in some instances, the MLRS.

memaddog
Sergeant
Sergeant

King Tigers in East Tn.

Post by memaddog » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:58 pm

:D Hey tmanthegreat,
Love those photos you got there of those two Tigers!!!
Those were taken on my front porch!!!!!
I found 8 of them, and well sold 6 of them on e-bay. I didn't think they would be that popular as to sale for as much as they did!!!
WOW!!!
I lOVE AMERICA!!!!
memaddog
PS
Thanks for sharing my photos here on this forum! :wink: