FOV's delayed!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

FOV's delayed!

Post by hotrodrock » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:22 pm

Haven't seen this posted here yet or at least couldn't find it. Got an email from the Motorpool that said the FOV deuce and a half and the elefant had been delayed for another month or so.

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Im not surprised but to bad, I really want to get those.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:06 pm

par for the course these days.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Der Kommandant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Der Kommandant » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:41 pm

:( Delayed until when?

Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 pm

By the time these finally come out they will be asking $120 each! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:06 pm

My pocket book would be happy if I had to wait a month or so more for both :D

So would the boss. She doesn't really notice (or care about) the 1:72 planes. She would sure as sh*t notice a gigantic 1:32 tank destroyer.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:52 pm

ChairmanMilo wrote:So would the boss. She doesn't really notice (or care about) the 1:72 planes. She would sure as sh*t notice a gigantic 1:32 tank destroyer.
:lol: :lol: Yeah sort of hard to sneak that beast past anyone! :lol:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

MG-42

New FoV's delayed

Post by MG-42 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:28 pm

* Another month ? ... huh , no big freakin' deal , as long as it's for real and no promises , promises. "I can wait". 8)

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

olifant

Post by olifant » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:58 pm

I can't recall FOV ever hitting a release date. Of course, they did sort of surprise us with their 1/18 stuff though.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:12 am

*sigh* what can you do, eh???
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Elefant and Deuce

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:58 am

Hi,
Look at the bright side. These items were announced at last year's IHobby Exo, held in October. We're now in the home stretch, with just a few more weeks to go before they fall in, front and center.

In some instances, we've had to wait years for similar items from other manufacturers. While Unimax may not hit their original forecast dates, they do soldier on, missing by a few months here and there. Considering what these manufacturers are up against back in the Orient, that's saying alot!

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

6X6's delayed again!!!!

Post by binder001 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:19 pm

AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

No 6X6's again??? Total frustration with this outfit. C'mon you guys - one of the most common vehicles of WW2, hundreds of thousands built in real life, hundreds of real ones still in running condition - many finely restored. How the h$%% hard can this project be?

Sorry, but we've needed a 1/32nd scale CCKW for about THIRTY years - ever since Monogram and Airfix started releasing 1/32nd armor kits.

Gary

Der Kommandant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Der Kommandant » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Hang in there! Everyone knows Elefants are slow-movers. :shock:

Panzer_M

Re: 6X6's delayed again!!!!

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:33 pm

binder001 wrote:AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

No 6X6's again??? Total frustration with this outfit. C'mon you guys - one of the most common vehicles of WW2, hundreds of thousands built in real life, hundreds of real ones still in running condition - many finely restored. How the h$%% hard can this project be?

Sorry, but we've needed a 1/32nd scale CCKW for about THIRTY years - ever since Monogram and Airfix started releasing 1/32nd armor kits.

Gary
http://cgi.ebay.com/Minichamps-1943-GMC ... 286.c0.m14
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:47 pm

AHHHH! My pre-ordered Elefant is delayed till October!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: 6X6's delayed again!!!!

Post by binder001 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Problem is that it is 1/35th NOT 1/32nd. I've already got the excellent Tamiya CCKW in 1/35th. We're hurting for them in 54mm size! (Yes, the 10% size difference between 1/35th and 1/32nd makes a difference!)

The famous 6X6 has been done in all popular modeling scales except 1/32nd. Waaaayyy overdue.

FoV can just send the parts and I'll assemble and paint it myself!

Gary

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Isn't this a normal state?
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

MG-42

New FoV's delayed

Post by MG-42 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:13 am

* No , Ohio is. ->>>----> You must be referring to the state of California. :roll: * :D

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 am

da da dum
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:17 am

par for the course these days.
Indeed. The only bright spot on the horizon lately seems to be the probability of some new 1/16 armor from HL. We all knew XD was in trouble, but it's disappointing that it seems to have spilled over to some extent in 32X as well. The Deuce and Elefant are both important and much anticipated pieces and it will be a major bummer if these turn out to be more than just delays.... :cry:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Collectibles

Post by lightning2000 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi,
I just want to make a couple of observations here, likely because I'm a masochist and like to endure self-inflicted pain.

For openers, these and other oft-delayed items you're complaining about are "collectibles." Now, the collectible universe is not governed by the same laws and physics that rule the world as we know it. Collectibles are oftentimes released later than expected, are frequently produced by relatively small companies who must take a back seat to the Mattels and Walmarts of the world, are impacted greatly by the current geo-political climate and finite resources everyone is looking to obtain, and are sometimes delayed to help build hype around the product.

I also think that a great many collectors fall into the "I want it now, otherwise I'm going to kick down the door mentality." Collectibles are meant to be admired and enjoyed. Instead, some of you seem to forget this fact, and succumb to the negativity. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone nor am I looking to cause a virtual riot. I just think that when you're anxiously waiting for a new item to come out, you just might want to stroll over to your display, diorama or stack of previously released items and take a minute to take pleasure in what you've amassed. There are a great many people in vast areas of the world who wonder where their next meal is going to come from, much less throw daggers at these companies for releasing a product later than expected.

Chill...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Fov and delays...

Post by binder001 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:00 pm

You have some good points, HOWEVER - this is more than just "I want it now".

When a manufacturer makes announcements I start planning my purchasing budget to allow me to get it. That means that I may pass on another desired item to save the money for that thing that is "due at the end of September". Then one finds the item has been pushed back (yet again). Yes, it's just a hobby - and I'm certainly not equating the importance of my desire for the toy trucks with the food/shelter/safety deprivations of the rest of the world. I just feel that a dealer has repeatedly violated a type of contract or committment. I am frustrated that this outfit can't seem to run their operation in a businesslike manner. I have been in model hobbies long enough to see what happens when a guy starts up a company "for fun". How would you feel if I ordered from you and then didn't treat you like a true business? I expect decent and buisinesslike treatment from my suppliers. When the supplier drops the ball on customer service (repeatedly) then I have a consumer's right to protest. If I had any other supplier who could provide the item I would take my business elsewhere.

Gary

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Grievance

Post by lightning2000 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Hello Gary,
I read your comment but disagree with your sentiment. If you're going to hold Unimax feet to the fire for delaying the release of an item on the grounds that you could have budgeted your money differently, then you're grasping at straws, looking for any reason at all to lay blame at their doorstep. As I said earlier, these are collectibles put out by small companies. In the case of Unimax, they have a track record of being late when it comes to releasing their products. To expect that they're going to hit their release dates now when for five years they havent been able to do that, is just plain silly.

So you wait for another 30-to 60 days before the item comes out. Is it really the end of the world? Or do you simply want to put it on your shelf, then start the whole process all over again with the next item they announce?

When we first started out, I asked someone I truly respect about this phenomena. He told me it was the thrill of the chase, much like chasing down a pretty girl and asking her for a date. Once the date was over, the same person moved on to the next pretty girl, so they could notch another conquest on their belt.

I just think that if the tables were reversed, and someone was hounding you day and night at whatever you or anyone else does in their professional life, then they'll understand the pressure they're causing and maybe, just maybe, turn it down a notch. This isnt heart medication, or food, or shelter. Its a collectible, and nothing more. Enjoy what you have and take pleasure when these items come out. The negativity that seems to surface in virtually every thread I read here is truly scarey...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:04 pm

If you really want to complain complain about Takara/World Tank Museum (Fantasy Flight Games-USA distributor). They have been promising their "Kursk" sets for Spring 2007. Ha ha. Now the promise is Fall 2008. Contact them (FFG) and I would get- we'll have a "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" shortly....

I'm old, it's lucky I'm not dead before their 'big announcement' and it has been over a year since the projected release date and I too saved and budgeted for them then. Be glad its only a month, or two, or three, or four that YOU have to wait ya young whippersnapper.... Makes me so mad I could spit except then my teeth go flying out.... What was I talking about?

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Lightning, your metaphor about asking a pretty girl out on a date rings true. As much as I hate to say it I think I enjoy the hunting/buying more than I enjoy the models. After a few days the glow wears off and I am off looking for the next Shangri-La.

They do look damn good though! :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]