21st 1/32 stuff at Target?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:40 pm

grockwood wrote:I don't think 21st is going to be a success at Target. The Target I went to today had 9 Chinese infantry sets, 6 Marder SPG and 6 Fw190. You need some variety in a display to move stuff. You also need something popular. Chinese infantry figures seem too obscure to be the first figures you offer. As for the Marder, why not include another vehicle like the Hetzer or even an allied vehicle. Same which the Fw190's. My two cents worth.
I agree that 21c won't be too much of a success at Target either, but for a different reason: the poor distribution :roll:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:06 am

The local targets are showing signs of life with the new 4 star offerings. No inner metro targets have anything yet, but the way outlying areas of the metro areas are showing stock on some planes and armor.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:08 am

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:56 pm

what he said
see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:02 pm

Here ya go, I stopped by the supertarget in Hiram (yes, Hiram!) and picked up a new scheme 38(t), the double nuttin P-51, and the FW. I saw the sherman kit, but saved 20.00 for the gas tank and left it for later. I may have been doing this too long- I constantly go by targets- whatever until I find the product; bring it home, look at it, and hang it on the wall-- on to the next quest. Is this the act of a 21st sociopath or is this normal 21st behavior?

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:35 pm

Not only has my local Target not stocked these yet, they have restocked FOV armor in 1/32. :? This particular store never put them on clearance. I only hope this is some sort of Target inventory run-out plan...
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:08 am

olifant wrote:Not only has my local Target not stocked these yet, they have restocked FOV armor in 1/32. :? This particular store never put them on clearance. I only hope this is some sort of Target inventory run-out plan...
I have heard from a reliable source that this was ONLY a product test and that is why they didn't show at many Targets. Also, it is a good possibilty that with all the manufacturing problems 21st is having with China, they may not be restocked any time soon. :cry:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:27 am

Tried two Targets last night, Tulare and Visalia CA. No 21st, normal stock and prices on FOV, with the exception of now having the FOV soldiers in blister packs. We're getting another Target in Oct, I wonder what it will bring to the mix. For the record, that will be one Target (Visalia, south), one Super Target (Tulare), and one Target Greatland (Visalia, north, newest). So far though, I haven't noticed a difference between any of the different types of Targets, maybe someone else has?

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NHoggard12 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Cabe, you said in that rather lengthy post that your hobbytown had 21st items. Is this a hobbytown USA?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:53 pm

Ruger wrote:Tried two Targets last night, Tulare and Visalia CA. No 21st, normal stock and prices on FOV, with the exception of now having the FOV soldiers in blister packs. We're getting another Target in Oct, I wonder what it will bring to the mix. For the record, that will be one Target (Visalia, south), one Super Target (Tulare), and one Target Greatland (Visalia, north, newest). So far though, I haven't noticed a difference between any of the different types of Targets, maybe someone else has?

MV
Ruger, let me know when that new Target officially opens, it should be worth the trip down, 21c items or not :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:40 am

well all my targets this week, got raided. Only ones left are broken or have small defects, thee guys were pros, they left the crap

the are a couple of targets near me that had some stock in them earlier this week, I am going to hit them to get some mailed out. But as to whether these would sell or not, they did here
see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:33 pm

Finally went to the Buena Park Target today where the first confirmed testing site in SoCal was found, along the way I came across the Whittier Target at the Whittwood Mall and found 21stCT stock. Took some pics while I was there.

The planes are all cleared out at this place, but there are new items on the pegs that I don't remember anyone mentioning, U.S. Artillery crews...

Artillery Crew 8 Inch Howitzer Set A:

Artillery Crew 8 Inch Howitzer Set B:

Additional pics..
Back of the Chinese Infantry package:

Tanks:

Bottom of the box:

Back of the box:

I checked on the price scanner to see if there were any more in the stockroom for everything 4SM (including the Buena Park Target and Puente Hills Target) and there was none. Looks like this really is a product test.

Didn't buy any and continued on and finally arrived at the Buena Park Target where Bruzzer first discovered them. They were there, only the Chinese infantry & Sherman playsets remained. All the planes and tanks were cleaned out. Still didn't buy any.

Went to the Puente Hills Target and they were there too. No Chinese Infantry or planes, but instead of 3-figure packs, 6-figure packs of the U.S. Artillery Crews hung on the shelf, two Marders and 2 Sherman playsets. Didn't buy yet again.

After all three Targets, I went to the Nijiya and suddenly discovered a new wave of One Piece figures sitting on the shelf!
Man I'm glad I saved my money, as it paid off not to buy anything! I instead went and bought all 5 new OP figs, I'm quite very happy right now. 8)

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:09 am

Nice find! Those arty crews look great! :D
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:52 am

Bullcookies. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:31 am

I went to one of my Targets today to pick up a P-51, but the only one was that same smeared paint job from last time. But, they did have the new 38ts. :D I didn't pick anything up yet as I'm still looking for the P-51.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:37 am

Rowsdower wrote:Bullcookies. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well said@ :D
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Col.Pickle wrote:
Rowsdower wrote:Bullcookies. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well said@ :D
:P That was the nicest way I could think of to express my feelings on this matter. :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Saw the 8" artillery crews set "A" and "B" for $5.99 each or a combined set for $9.99

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:54 pm

My 88 could use a German arty crew.